corner corner A Cut Above

A Cut Above
by Lynda Page | Literature & Fiction
Registered by luckydipper of Coolangatta, Queensland Australia on 4/14/2008

status (set by freelunch): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by luckydipper from Coolangatta, Queensland Australia on Monday, April 14, 2008

Received in a box of books from ebay, added to my bookmooch.com inventory and it was snazzled up rather quickly.

I didn't get around to reading it, It looks like a book I would normally read but Mount TBR is closing in on the worlds highest mountain and I don't know how I am going to climb all that way up without an air tank :)

Happy Reading!

Journal Entry 2 by luckydipper at Australia in Bookmooch.com, a bookmoocher -- Controlled Releases on Monday, April 14, 2008

Released 9 yrs ago (4/14/2008 UTC) at Australia in Bookmooch.com, a bookmoocher -- Controlled Releases

Sent today!

Journal Entry 3 by wingcatsalivewing at Rooty Hill, New South Wales Australia on Saturday, May 28, 2016

Oops! It appears I've had this since April 2008. I mustn't have checked for a BCID when I mooched it all those years ago.

An enjoyable read. Most of what happened depended on Kacie's knee-jerk overreaction to her husband's supposed betrayal, & she was very slow on the uptake when it came to the hair product deliveries, but I still liked her character overall & found the story entertaining.

Journal Entry 4 by wingcatsalivewing at Rooty Hill, New South Wales Australia on Saturday, May 28, 2016

cover:
For Kacie Cooper, life in Leicester in 1959 is almost perfect. Jobs are plentiful, shops are filled with the latest fashions and dance halls are packed with people jiving to rock 'n' roll hits. Kacie is the top stylist in a reputable hair salon and her machine-mechanic husband Dennis is dreaming of the big time with his band, Vernon and the Vipers. Only one thing mars her happiness: her parents' constant disapproval that she doesn't have a 'proper' job or a more respectable husband, like her sister Caroline.

But when Caroline turns up on Kacie's doorstep, asking to stay for a while, it's clear that her sister's marriage has been far from idyllic. It is a revelation that plunges Kacie's own life into chaos and threatens everything that matters.

Journal Entry 5 by wingcatsalivewing at Cairns OT Bookcrossing Zone in Woree, Queensland Australia on Thursday, July 20, 2017

Released 4 mos ago (7/31/2017 UTC) at Cairns OT Bookcrossing Zone in Woree, Queensland Australia

Sent to freelunch for the OBCZ.

Journal Entry 6 by freelunch at Cairns, Queensland Australia on Friday, August 11, 2017

Received with thanks, held for release soon.

Journal Entry 7 by freelunch at Cairns OT Bookcrossing Zone in Woree, Queensland Australia on Friday, December 08, 2017

Released 1 wk ago (12/8/2017 UTC) at Cairns OT Bookcrossing Zone in Woree, Queensland Australia

...and released today.