corner corner The Pillars of the Earth - Join This Bookray!

The Pillars of the Earth - Join This Bookray!
by Ken Follett | Literature & Fiction
Registered by jmg49 of Woodstock, Ontario Canada on Sunday, March 23, 2003

status (set by Arina): reserved

Journal Entry 1 by jmg49 from Woodstock, Ontario Canada on Sunday, March 23, 2003

Bought today @ Chapters

Ingram
Ken Follett, internationally-acclaimed master of split-second suspense, author of six #1 bestsellers, reaches beyond the expected to achieve his most brilliant and remarkable novel. The epic story of the building of a cathedral in 12th century England and the lives of the people entwined with it and each other is a sensuous, enduring narrative, and a gripping tale of faith, ambition, bloodshed and betrayal. HC: Morrow.

Journal Entry 2 by jmg49 from Woodstock, Ontario Canada on Tuesday, May 13, 2003

This is the best book that I have read in twenty years. This is really not my kind of book -- I thought. Boy was i wrong.
The characters jump off the pages. The plot is great. It is an emotional roller coaster from start to finish.

Journal Entry 3 by jmg49 from Woodstock, Ontario Canada on Wednesday, May 14, 2003

***THIS IS THE ORDER OF THE BOOKRAY FOR The Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follett.

If anyone is interested please PM me.
So far these Bookcrossers have signed up.

Brainiac - France

magicwritinggal USA
ppagano USA
LilB Japan
Sabrinka Warsaw Poland

Before each person is ready to send the book on, he or she should send the next person on the list a pm asking for their address.

Journal Entry 4 by jmg49 at Post Office in Woodstock, Ontario Canada on Thursday, May 15, 2003

Released on Thursday, May 15, 2003 at Post Office in Woodstock, Ontario Canada.

On it's way to "Brainiac" in France - the first stop in it's Bookray adventure.

Journal Entry 5 by Brainiac on Saturday, May 24, 2003

Received from jmg49 as part of a bookray today. Will start on it immediately. At 983 pages it's a real doorstop !

I know there's bunch of people waiting so I'll burn through the book as quickly as possible, then send it off to Scramble.

Thanks, jmg49 !

Journal Entry 6 by Brainiac on Saturday, June 14, 2003

Sent to Scramble. This is a wonderful historical novel.

Journal Entry 7 by Scramble from Springfield, Illinois USA on Saturday, July 12, 2003

Just received this book from Brainiac and will put it right to the front of my reading list so I can get it on it's way to the next participant.

Journal Entry 8 by Scramble from Springfield, Illinois USA on Thursday, July 24, 2003

".....a rollercoaster of a novel crammed with sizzling gypsies...." as Edmund Blackadder would say.

Seriously though, this book is one if, if not THE best novel I've ever read.

Right from the very first sentence I was intreagued and stayed that way through to the end. Full of wonderful characters from paupers and outlaws through monks and bishops to earls, lords and kings, this novel follows thier friendships, affairs, good and bad, the ups and the downs of thier intertwining lives, betrayal and revenge. It's full of surprises and is written beautifully all the way through so that you can almost feel what it's like there and what the characters are feeling.
Superb.

NOW, because I've been talking about it, my wife has taken it from me. She's a quick reader so I'll have it ready for the next member in a week or two probably.

Journal Entry 9 by Scramble from Springfield, Illinois USA on Saturday, August 02, 2003

Sent to Morris200 on Friday 1st August.....

Journal Entry 10 by coffeebreath from Douglasville, Georgia USA on Friday, August 08, 2003

Recieved this book from Kind Scramble (August 6, 2003)

This is a meaty read and almost equals a copy of the Holy Bible in thickness.

So far I have found it completely engrossing and easily enchanting.

Will write more when my reading is complete and the book will be kindly readied for it's next reader. Ta ta for now...

Journal Entry 11 by coffeebreath from Douglasville, Georgia USA on Friday, September 12, 2003

I just finished this novel and I am sending it on to Portugal tomorrow to continue it's journey.

This was a very refreshing novel, it held my attention throughout all of its 982 pages. It is a realistic description of the Middle Ages but it transcends that and touches people of all times and places; this novel teaches us about people and places and beauty in a way that is truly enchanting and overall - uplifting.

Do enjoy this one!

Journal Entry 12 by coffeebreath at BookRing (www.bookcrossing.com) in Douglasville, Georgia USA on Friday, September 12, 2003

Release planned for Saturday, September 13, 2003 at BookRing (www.bookcrossing.com) in Douglasville, Georgia USA.

Truly "A novel of majesty and power."

Enjoy Arina~

Journal Entry 13 by Arina from Lisboa - City, Lisboa (cidade) Portugal on Tuesday, December 30, 2003

Got this book in the mail some time ago but was unnable to make a journal entry then. So it has been on my Bookring/Ray TBR pile waiting for it's turn. But once i got to it, i could hardly put it down. It is truly a wonderful historical novel, written beautifully all the way through it's 983 pages. I liked it so much that i'm considering in buying a copy for myself so i can read it again in the near future.