corner corner Innocent In Death

Innocent In Death
by J Robb | Mystery & Thrillers
Registered by wingAceofHeartswing of Mississauga, Ontario Canada on Wednesday, April 09, 2008

status (set by HoserLauren): available

Journal Entry 1 by wingAceofHeartswing from Mississauga, Ontario Canada on Wednesday, April 09, 2008

From Publishers Weekly
Once again Lt. Eve Dallas shows why she's "New York City's top murder cop" in Roberts's 24th thriller under her Robb pseudonym set half a century into the future (after 2006's Born in Death). Dallas tries to close a case at the exclusive Sarah Child Academy, where two bright 10-year-old girls discover the body of Craig Foster, a popular history teacher who proves to have been poisoned by ricin-laced cocoa. Dallas wonders if another staff member or a parent might be involved, but after the prime suspect, a promiscuous teacher who's been harassing another employee, turns up dead, the investigation takes a shocking turn. Besides a provocative puzzler, Robb provides an intense relationship update on Dallas and Roarke, her Irish power broker hubby, whose dark past—in the form of a crooked ex-girlfriend—returns to cause trouble.

Journal Entry 2 by wingAceofHeartswing at Mississauga, Ontario Canada on Monday, May 27, 2013

Two 10-year old girls at the Sarah Child Academy discover the body of Craig Foster, a popular history teacher. He was poisoned with ricin. Foster had absolutely no enemies. He was liked by staff, students and parents. Dallas has to really puzzle this one out to find out who could have possibly wanted Foster dead.

An ex-girlfriend of Roarke's shows up. Dallas detects a wistfulness from Roarke and feels their relationship go off kilter.

Another great book in the series, after 24 books and still going strong. This murder was a chilling one and the trouble between Dallas and her hotter then hot husband was sad but felt so real.

Journal Entry 3 by HoserLauren at Mississauga, Ontario Canada on Sunday, June 09, 2013

This book is with me now.

Journal Entry 4 by HoserLauren at Mississauga, Ontario Canada on Friday, March 06, 2015

Lieutenant Eve Dallas is called to a private school when two students discover one of their favourite teachers dead. What looks like an allergic reaction is actually poisoning even though Dallas can't find anyone that has a bad thing to say about this man. Dallas starts peeling back the layers of the school to find out what has been going on and starts to find some motive for killing when her prime suspect also ends up dead.

Meanwhile, in Dallas' personal life, an ex-lover of Roarke is back in town and making waves. She wants Roarke for herself and will manipulate anyone she can to try and get him.

This is book 20-something in the series, but I have gone more than a year without reading one. I was beginning to feel that all of Dallas' books were the same and I wasn't enjoying the series as much. Having left this for a while and come back to it, I'm glad I gave the series for some time and then returned to it fresh. I enjoyed this book and was surprised at who the killer was. I think good spacing for this series is perhaps one book every 6 months so that I don't tire of it too quickly.

There was a great moment in this book between Dallas and Roarke's butler Summerset. The two are usually at odds and constantly berating each other but I really enjoyed them coming together to help solve the personal problem, and then go back to their old ways.