corner corner The Killings at Badger's Drift

The Killings at Badger's Drift
by Caroline Graham | Mystery & Thrillers
Registered by wingPlum-crazywing of Brighouse, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on 8/23/2008

status (set by Marynice): available

Journal Entry 1 by wingPlum-crazywing from Brighouse, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on Saturday, August 23, 2008

Badger's Drift - a tranquil English village is home to Miss Emily Simpson, a kindly, well-liked spinster. But when poor Miss Simpson takes a gentle stroll in the woods near her home one day and sees something among the trees that she was never meant to see, her peaceful existence is brought to an abrupt end. To most, Miss Simpson's death looks natural enough, but her old friend Miss Lucy Bellringer is unconvinced and calls on Chief Inspector Barnaby for help. Sure enough, as he investigates, a previously unseen seamy side to Badger's Drift is revealed - one where old rivalries, old loves and new scandals are rife. And then there's a second, horiffically gruesome killing...

Journal Entry 2 by wingPlum-crazywing from Brighouse, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on Saturday, August 23, 2008

I read this years ago & have really enjoyed every book I've read in the Chief Inspector Barnaby series.

Sadly, I can't say the same about "Midsommer Murders" on TV. I watched the first ever episode & was so disgusted at how much it had been altered I haven't watched one since....

Journal Entry 3 by wingPlum-crazywing at Latte Heaven on Church Street in Dunstable, Bedfordshire United Kingdom on Thursday, September 04, 2008

Released 9 yrs ago (9/13/2008 UTC) at Latte Heaven on Church Street in Dunstable, Bedfordshire United Kingdom

YOU'RE SUCH AN ANIMAL CHALLENGE (#9)

If you're reading this then you've found a travelling book!

Please take a minute to make a quick journal entry to say how you got this book.

Maybe you found it, maybe someone passed it onto you or maybe it found it's way to a charity shop & you bought it....however it came to you, we'd love to know!

Once you've read it you can come back & tell us what you thought of it - & don't forget it won't cost you anything & your privacy is guaranteed.

If you decide to join in the fun at bookcrossing, would you consider putting me, Plum-crazy as your referring member.

Happy reading!

Journal Entry 4 by wingAnonymousFinderwing on Sunday, September 28, 2008

Haven't started the book yet, but looking forward to it.

CAUGHT IN DUNSTABLE BEDFORDSHIRE UK

Journal Entry 5 by Marynice from Dunstable, Bedfordshire United Kingdom on Friday, November 14, 2008

It really does read like a Midsummer Murders story. A good read, but nothing too taxing.