corner corner Rebecca

Rebecca
by Daphne du Maurier | Literature & Fiction
Registered by turbostitcher of Arlington, Texas USA on Saturday, April 05, 2008

status (set by Laurellane): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by turbostitcher from Arlington, Texas USA on Saturday, April 05, 2008

"Last night I dreamt I went to Manderley again." So the second Mrs. Maxim de Winter remembered the chilling events that led her down the turning drive past the beeches, white and naked, to the isolated gray stone manse on the windswept Cornish coast. With a husband she barely knew, the young bride arrived at this immense estate, only to be inexorably drawn into the life of the first Mrs. de Winter, the beautiful Rebecca, dead but never forgotten...her suite of rooms never touched, her clothes ready to be worn, her servant -- the sinister Mrs. Danvers -- still loyal. And as an eerie presentiment of evil tightened around her heart, the second Mrs. de Winter began her search for the real fate of Rebecca...for the secrets of Manderley.

Number 603 on the list of 1001 Books You Must Read Before You Die.

Journal Entry 2 by turbostitcher from Arlington, Texas USA on Sunday, April 27, 2008

This is a classic story of love and mystery. It is certainly one of the best books I've ever read.

I read this story many years ago and I'm now getting ready to pass it along to a new reader, donduckandy, winner of MyssCyn's 'I've never won a RABCK contest' RABCK contest. This book was on her wishlist.

Journal Entry 3 by turbostitcher at Hazleton, Pennsylvania USA on Monday, April 28, 2008

Released 5 yrs ago (4/28/2008 UTC) at Hazleton, Pennsylvania USA

Mailed to Donduckandy, winner of MyssCyn's 'I've Never Won a RABCK Contest' RABCK contest. This book was on her wishlist.

Journal Entry 4 by Donduckandy from Hazleton, Pennsylvania USA on Monday, May 05, 2008

Thank you so much for the RABCK. I'm sure I will enjoy reading this one.

Journal Entry 5 by Donduckandy from Hazleton, Pennsylvania USA on Wednesday, August 26, 2009

This was a very good book.Rebecca's life finally dissolves with twists and turns. I didn't care for the way the author uses the first person writing. She is never ever referred to by name. Only as Mrs. DeWinter. Leaves the reader frustrated. Surely she does have a name. This will be heading into the Book Goddess Bookbox. Gave to blackadder75 first.

Journal Entry 6 by Donduckandy at Hazleton, a fellow bookcrosser -- Controlled Releases on Saturday, November 14, 2009

Released 4 yrs ago (11/14/2009 UTC) at Hazleton, a fellow bookcrosser -- Controlled Releases

Ready to travel in the Book Goddess Bookbox. Happy Traveling!

Journal Entry 7 by affinity4books from Bryan, Texas USA on Sunday, March 28, 2010

This is one of my favorite books and I couldn't resist the chance to release it again. I flipped through and read some of my favorite parts when I took it out of the box. I love the Gothic ambiance and how the truth/mystery is slowly revealed. Thanks for sharing!

Journal Entry 8 by Laurellane at Starbuck's on Bosque and Wooded Acres in Waco, Texas USA on Saturday, April 10, 2010

Released 4 yrs ago (4/10/2010 UTC) at Starbuck's on Bosque and Wooded Acres in Waco, Texas USA

on the bookshelf