corner corner Dress Your Family in Corduroy and Denim

Dress Your Family in Corduroy and Denim
by David Sedaris | Nonfiction
Registered by wingAnnimanniwing of Espoo, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on 4/3/2008

status (set by tuittupeppi): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by wingAnnimanniwing from Espoo, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Thursday, April 03, 2008

From the back:
"In his new book, David Sedaris lifts the corner of ordinary life, revealing the absurdity teeming below its surface. His world is alive with obscure desires and hidden motives - a world where forgiveness is automatic and an argument can be the highest form of love."

Journal Entry 2 by wingAnnimanniwing at Espoo, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Saturday, March 30, 2013

I didn't know what to expect when I started reading this except that it wasn't quite as laugh-out funny as I'd thought. That didn't matter though as instead it was a lot more touching than I knew to expect. I also hadn't realized it was a short story collection and that took a little getting used to (not that I have anything against short stories). I ended up enjoying Sedaris's reminiscences very much, and at times I forgot it was autobiographical.

Journal Entry 3 by wingAnnimanniwing at Espoo, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Sunday, May 05, 2013

Released 4 yrs ago (5/6/2013 UTC) at Espoo, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland

Off to tuittupeppi next. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 4 by tuittupeppi at Lahti, Päijät-Häme / Päijänne-Tavastland Finland on Friday, May 10, 2013

Thanks, the surprise book is here! I really don't know what to expect as I haven't heard of this book before... But I look forward to reading this book :)