corner corner Up Island

Up Island
by Anne Rivers Siddons | Women's Fiction
Registered by Grorser of Fredericton, New Brunswick Canada on 4/2/2008

status (set by AnonymousFinder): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by Grorser from Fredericton, New Brunswick Canada on Wednesday, April 02, 2008

From the back cover:

"If there was ever one woman who knew what was important, that woman was Molly Bell Redwine. From childhood, Molly was taught by her difficult, charismatic mother that 'family is everything.' But in what seems like an instant Molly discovers that family can change without warning. Her husband of more than twenty years leaves her for a younger woman, her domineering mother dies, and her Atlanta clan scatters to the four winds in a heartbeat. Molly is set adrift.

Devasted by her crumbling world, Molly takes refuge with a friend on Martha's Vineyard where she tries to come to terms with who she really is. After the summer season, Molly decides to stay on in this very different world, renting a small cottage on a remote up island point.

As Molly's stay up island widens the distance between her and her old life in Atlanta, she lets go of her outworn notions of family and begins to become part of a strange - and very real - new family. As the long Vineyard winter closes in, she braces herself for the search for renewal, identify and strength, until the healing spring finally comes."

Journal Entry 2 by Grorser at Capital Credit Union in Fredericton, New Brunswick Canada on Saturday, April 05, 2008

Released 9 yrs ago (4/5/2008 UTC) at Capital Credit Union in Fredericton, New Brunswick Canada

The Capital Credit Union is on Hughes Street on Fredericton's north side.

Look for the book in the vestibule with the ATM.

Enjoy the book.

Journal Entry 3 by wingAnonymousFinderwing on Friday, April 25, 2008

I was into my bank the day I was on my way to the hospital for an operation and came across this book and picked it up. It was a great comfort and distraction during my recuperation. Thanks to the generosity of someone.

CAUGHT IN FREDERICTON NEW BRUNSWICK CANADA