corner corner The Kitchen God's Wife

The Kitchen God's Wife
by Amy Tan | Literature & Fiction
Registered by wingAnnimanniwing of Espoo, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on 3/31/2008

status (set by sannuli): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by wingAnnimanniwing from Espoo, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Monday, March 31, 2008

From the back:
"Pearl Louis Brandt has a terrible secret which she tries desperately to keep from her mother, Winnie Louie. And Winnie has long kept her own secrets - about her past and the confusing circumstances of Pearl's birth. Fate intervenes in the form of Helen Kwong, Winnie's so-called sister-in-law, who believes she is dying and must unburden herself of all falsehoods before she flies off to heaven. But, unfortunately, the truth comes in many guises, depending on who is telling the tale..."

Journal Entry 2 by wingAnnimanniwing at Espoo, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Wednesday, October 03, 2012

Excellent, very enjoyable. I don't understand why I've let this book sit unread on my shelf since 1999...

***
Next of to sannuli as per request. Sorry for taking so long!

Journal Entry 3 by sannuli at Joensuu, Pohjois-Karjala / Norra Karelen Finland on Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Thank you so much Annimanni! No worries, I didn't run out of books in the meanwhile and to be honest, I had already forgotten the whole thing :D