corner corner Foetal Attraction

Foetal Attraction
by Kathy Lette | Women's Fiction
Registered by Triggerfish of Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on Monday, March 31, 2008

status (set by rainbow3): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by Triggerfish from Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on Monday, March 31, 2008

Synopsis
"Aussie Madeline Wolfe has left her home, her surfboard and her hemisphere for the new man in her life. Alexander Drake, indisputed King of the TV jungle, gives the best cunnilingus this side of a detachable shower nozzle. He's also the kind of bloke who goes through the Tunnel of Love holding his own hand. By the time Maddy discovers that it's not just Alex's feet but his entire body that's made of clay, she's taken a pregnancy test ...and failed. Will Alex chicken out of his obligation to his egg? 'Screamingly funny'. - Jilly Cooper. 'Buy this book'. - Sue Townsend."

Bought for release.

Journal Entry 2 by Triggerfish at Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on Monday, April 30, 2012

I think this must be an example of chick lit. An easy undemanding read, but not as funny as the cover led me to believe!

Journal Entry 3 by Triggerfish at Biblos, Chambers Street in Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on Monday, April 30, 2012

Released 1 yr ago (4/30/2012 UTC) at Biblos, Chambers Street in Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom

To be released at mini meet with Australian visitors.

Journal Entry 4 by wingrainbow3wing at Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on Tuesday, May 01, 2012

Picked up this evening at an Edinburgh BookCrossing mini-meet with visiting Australian meganh, I have a plan to travel with this - watch this space - woo hoo!

...wee change of plan for the distance travelled, still an exciting release though - read on...

Journal Entry 5 by wingrainbow3wing at Cafe Kleofas in Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on Friday, May 25, 2012

Released 1 yr ago (5/26/2012 UTC) at Cafe Kleofas in Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom

Released on a newly created bookcrossing, bookshelf, which is an exciting development for Edinburgh, and happily the owners are planning making this an Official BookCrossing Zone. So that was my wee adventure today, venturing off up Gorgie Road in search of Kleofas Deli, Café and Takeaway which is at the junction of Gorgie and Westfield Roads, [opp ALDI].

What a lovely sunny late afternoon coffee spot this turned out to be as I sat at one of the three seats in the window, labelled some bookcrossing books and had a divine coffee and some intriguing wee biscuits. Neat system to that, pick your choice of biscuits and pay by weight! For those of us unable to travel abroad just now this coffee is a ticket to a few minutes away, it just tastes so wonderfully European. Take a sip and close your eyes, and you are on holiday… bliss!

Not only did I leave three books at Kleofas and come away with two books, but I have two syrups for making up drinks [two teaspoons for glass of water], Wild Strawberry [Poziomki] and Blackcurrant [Czarne Porzecki] , some meat filled Pierogi, [these look like Ravioli but - yum - twice the size], looking forward to trying the Pierogi as I have read about them (way too much American Crime fiction being read in my flat) and finally I have some wee dark chocolate coated gingerbread biscuits with a strawberry filling, [these may be called Pierniczki Alpejskie, Truskawkowe?]. So books and food a traditional, bookcrossers happy mix!