corner corner Dreams from My Father: A Story of Race and Inheritance

by BARACK OBAMA | Biographies & Memoirs
Registered by LeighBCD on 3/30/2008

status (set by DarthAngel): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by LeighBCD on Sunday, March 30, 2008

Birthday present from my mum and dad.

Journal Entry 2 by LeighBCD on Sunday, November 02, 2008

In the run-up to election time, I decided to read Obama's memoir. It is a fascinating and, at times, wholly engrossing story of a young man trying to find his place in the world. I hope so much that America votes for Obama - it has been a long time (has it ever been ever?) that someone who comes from an unprivileged background, who really understands what it is like to be an outsider, has the chance to come to power and make things better? He could be the Nelson Mandela for our generation. I hope so - he is an intelligent and thoughtful man. This memoir proves it.

I will release this book into the wild for someone else to find. I hope you enjoy it and welcome to Bookcrossing.

Journal Entry 3 by LeighBCD at ReaditSwapit exchanged by post for another book in Read it swap it., readitswapit.co.uk -- Controlled Releases on Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Released 8 yrs ago (11/4/2008 UTC) at ReaditSwapit exchanged by post for another book in Read it swap it., readitswapit.co.uk -- Controlled Releases

I have released this to another reader on the day of Barack Obama's election - how perfect. I hope this man becomes a wonderful President. I hope whoever reads this book in the future finds inspiration in his story. I do.

Journal Entry 4 by DarthAngel on Thursday, November 06, 2008

Received safely - thanks.