corner corner Ash Wednesday

Ash Wednesday
by Ethan Hawke | Entertainment
Registered by pepita-di-Corfu of Thessaloniki, Thessaloniki Greece on 3/27/2008

status (set by anatolla-bis): permanent collection

Journal Entry 1 by pepita-di-Corfu from Thessaloniki, Thessaloniki Greece on Thursday, March 27, 2008

Taken from the back cover:
"Jimmy Heartsock is going AWOL from the army and chasing after his lover Christy in order to propose marriage in a frozen car park. Christy is terrified, not so much that she's going to have a baby, but that if she stays with Jimmy she may end up with two.
As the unforgettable lovers drive across America in an ancient Chevy Nova, they ask questions they've never dared ask before, and confront family history, difficult choices, personal failures and the occasional cop in a compelling, funny and gritty drama of love in our time."

Journal Entry 2 by pepita-di-Corfu from Thessaloniki, Thessaloniki Greece on Wednesday, April 16, 2008

at the beginning i wasn't as excited as i expected to be with the book. However near the end i finally found it interesting. I had read Ethan Hawke's first book, The Hottest State (the greek translation i mean) some years ago and from what i remember that book made the same impression on me as this one. I have to admit i found it oxymoron to read in the acknowledgements Ethan Hawke thanking "Uma, without whom there would be nothing". Funny how sometimes things turn up in life, huh?

Journal Entry 3 by pepita-di-Corfu at international BCing in by post, to another bookcrosser -- Controlled Releases on Thursday, April 17, 2008

Released 9 yrs ago (4/18/2008 UTC) at international BCing in by post, to another bookcrosser -- Controlled Releases

i'm sending this book to Morocco to bookcrosser anatolla-bis. Since i've never sent a book to Morocco before this one will help me with my lifelong challenge to send at least one book to every country of the world.
I decided to also add this book in charbono's Around the World Challenge 2008, similar to mine only on this one contribute bookcrossers from all over the world sending books worldwide too.
I hope you'll enjoy reading anatolla-bis!

Journal Entry 4 by anatolla-bis from Casablanca, Grand Casablanca Morocco on Friday, May 09, 2008

I've got this beautyful book directly from Thessaloniki!!!! thanks Pepita di Corfu'

proud of greek bookcrossing!!

Online Videos by Veoh.com