corner corner The Red Tent, Tenth Anniversary Edition: A Novel

The Red Tent, Tenth Anniversary Edition: A Novel
by Anita Diamant | Literature & Fiction
Registered by imuzak12 of Virginia Beach, Virginia USA on 3/15/2008

status (set by AnonymousFinder): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by imuzak12 from Virginia Beach, Virginia USA on Saturday, March 15, 2008

I received this book from a PBS.com member in Cranberry TWP, PA; registered@Key West, Florida, USA.

Journal Entry 2 by imuzak12 from Virginia Beach, Virginia USA on Thursday, May 15, 2008

I finish reading this book on the airplane to Japan. Customs and rituals described in this book were quite interesting. The one particular ritual was actually not just interesting but also terrified me a bit. Because I am not familiar with Bible, I tried not forgetting that this book was fictional and a totally separate piece from Bible. I enjoyed reading Dinah's adult life a lot. This book told me that you shouldn't judge other culture/tradition by one event. Some values/traditions of others are very different from yours, but there is always something that you can learn.

Journal Entry 3 by imuzak12 at Kanzaki / 神埼市, Saga-ken Japan on Thursday, May 15, 2008

Released 9 yrs ago (5/15/2008 UTC) at Kanzaki / 神埼市, Saga-ken Japan

This goes to SONIC69 as RABCK. I hope you will enjoy it!

Journal Entry 4 by SONIC69 on Sunday, May 18, 2008

This was a gift (RABCK) from imuzak12.Another new author and an interesting topic. I will probably read this first out of the four you have given me. Thanks once again.

I really enjoyed this book.
It gave me an insight into the world of women and other societies.
The idea of a RED TENT is so interesting.
I recommend this book to anyone who is interested in other cultures and also women's studies.
There is a religious factor too but it is not predominant at all.

Journal Entry 5 by SONIC69 on Wednesday, May 28, 2008

This book is on it's way to the Netherlands....

Journal Entry 6 by doula-amsterdam from Amsterdam, Noord-Holland Netherlands on Tuesday, June 03, 2008

I just received this book- I "book mooched" it from Sonic69 in Japan. I can't wait to read it. Thanks for sending it!

Journal Entry 7 by doula-amsterdam at Port Dover, Ontario Canada on Monday, November 03, 2008

Released 8 yrs ago (7/18/2008 UTC) at Port Dover, Ontario Canada

I loved this book. I could find myself imagining my life as woman in the the Red Tent. I released it to my mother when I was visiting Canada this mother.

Journal Entry 8 by piersitter from Port Dover, Ontario Canada on Tuesday, January 06, 2009

I received this book from my daughter, who is a doula in the Netherlands. She gave it to me when she was visiting Canada in the summer. I could not put this book down. It really spoke to me about the relationships of mothers and daughters, sisters and friends. It also make me go back to my bible and read it with new eyes. This was a beautiful book that touched my heart in so many ways. Sometimes I cried, other times I was angry, but always I loved the women in the Red Tent, especially Dinah.

Journal Entry 9 by wingAnonymousFinderwing on Tuesday, April 14, 2009

An excellent re-imagining of the patriarchal story

CAUGHT IN PORT DOVER ONTARIO CANADA