corner corner My Family and Other Animals (Essential.penguin)

My Family and Other Animals (Essential.penguin)
by Gerald Malcolm Durrell | Biographies & Memoirs
Registered by RockDg9 of Toowoomba, Queensland Australia on 3/5/2008

status (set by RockDg9): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by RockDg9 from Toowoomba, Queensland Australia on Wednesday, March 05, 2008

From the back: In a series of colourful villas, the yellow to accommodate friends, the white to avoid having to put up family, the Durrels five a sometimes reluctant home to a trail of local fauna, among them scorpions, geckos, toads, bats and butterflies. Recounted with immense humour and charm, this is a wonderful account of a rare, magical childhood.

Journal Entry 2 by RockDg9 at Toowoomba, Queensland Australia on Monday, November 09, 2015

Gerald and his family moved to a Greek Island from England when he was a young boy. He spends time exploring, discovering animals, insects and birds, and generally avoiding an education.

This is an enjoyable read, written in a modern style - I was surprised when I read the publication date. It sounds like a great place to be a child, and Gerald was a very inquisitive one!

Journal Entry 3 by RockDg9 at Laurel Bank Park, Hill St in Toowoomba, Queensland Australia on Thursday, November 26, 2015

Released 1 yr ago (11/26/2015 UTC) at Laurel Bank Park, Hill St in Toowoomba, Queensland Australia

Left in the info booth.