corner corner Bad Men

Bad Men
by John Connolly | Mystery & Thrillers
Registered by wingPlum-crazywing of Brighouse, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on 4/26/2008

status (set by puddy-cat): available

Journal Entry 1 by wingPlum-crazywing from Brighouse, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on Saturday, April 26, 2008

(blurb)In 1693, the settlers on the small Maine island of Sanctuary were betrayed to their enemies and slaughtered. Since then, the island has known three hundred years of peace.

Until now. For men are descending on Sanctuary, their purpose to hunt down and kill the wife of their leader and retrieve the money that she stole from him. All that stands in their way are a young rookie officer, Sharon Macy, and the island's strange, troubled policeman, the giant known as Melancholy Joe Dupree. But Joe Dupree is no ordinary policeman. He is the guardian of the islands's secrets, the repository of it's memories. He knows that Sanctuary has been steeped in blood once; it will tolerate the shedding of innocent blood no longer.

Now a band of killers is set to desecrate Sanctuary & unleash the fury of its ghosts upon themselves & all who stand by them....

Journal Entry 2 by wingPlum-crazywing from Brighouse, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on Saturday, April 26, 2008

I picked this up from a charity shop as it's by John Connolly, an author I've recently discovered & have enjoyed. I didn't realise I'd already got a copy (kindly sent to me by yorkshire-lass) so this is a spare...well, you can't have too much of a good thing :o)

Journal Entry 3 by wingPlum-crazywing at N/A, Given to a potential Bookcrosser -- Controlled Releases on Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Released 9 yrs ago (5/15/2008 UTC) at N/A, Given to a potential Bookcrosser -- Controlled Releases

RABCK RELEASE CHALLENGE 2008 (#65)

Journal Entry 4 by puddy-cat from Leeds, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Took me several attempts to get into this one by John Connolly, but glad I did as I thoroughly enjoyed it. Loved the character Joe Dupree!