corner corner *The Witch of Portobello

*The Witch of Portobello
by Paulo Coelho | Literature & Fiction
Registered by Tuulip of Spruce Grove, Alberta Canada on 2/23/2008

status (set by Ipsu): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by Tuulip from Spruce Grove, Alberta Canada on Saturday, February 23, 2008

I bought two copies of this book, (by accident!) so, this one is available.

Journal Entry 2 by Tuulip from Spruce Grove, Alberta Canada on Monday, June 02, 2008

This book is on it's way to a fellow bookcrosser, AnnevO in the Netherlands. Happy Trails!

Journal Entry 3 by AnnevO from Rotterdam, Zuid-Holland Netherlands on Saturday, July 12, 2008

The book arrived here safely! Thanks for the trade, I really look forward to reading this book.

Journal Entry 4 by AnnevO from Rotterdam, Zuid-Holland Netherlands on Thursday, December 25, 2008

Recently, I found time to read this book. The topic is very Coelho, worship of the Goddess by means of Love. But in this book, around twenty people give their perspective of the main character, who herself isn't "interviewed". It took some getting used to, but the book really grew on me!

Journal Entry 5 by AnnevO from Rotterdam, Zuid-Holland Netherlands on Friday, January 23, 2009

I've bought my own copy today, so this book will travel further in the not too distant future.

Journal Entry 6 by AnnevO at Aleidastraat in Schiedam, Zuid-Holland Netherlands on Friday, February 20, 2009

Released 9 yrs ago (2/21/2009 UTC) at Aleidastraat in Schiedam, Zuid-Holland Netherlands

At the meeting!

Journal Entry 7 by wingwanderingwing from Breda, Noord-Brabant Netherlands on Saturday, February 21, 2009

Taken from the meeting. I'm curious!

Journal Entry 8 by wingwanderingwing from Breda, Noord-Brabant Netherlands on Tuesday, March 31, 2009

This book will be going with me on a trip to Senegal. I'll try to force it on my host or one of her friends who are visiting simultaneously when I finish it - or leave it in some international touristy spot in Dakar.

Edit: I did not manage to finish reading this book during the trip. It did keep me company on a long stop over in Lisbon, though. I'll journal again when I finish reading the book.

Journal Entry 9 by wingwanderingwing from Breda, Noord-Brabant Netherlands on Sunday, April 19, 2009

This is a typical Coelho book - and it will probably be my last. Somehow, the books don't suit me. In itself, the ideas in the books do appeal to me, but the stories around it, the way the ideas are connected, and the writing style annoy me. The characters do not seem very real to me and I cannot connect with them.

The book wil start travelling again soon, don't know where to yet.

__________________________

p.7: I also know that, at night, another part of me will remain wandering in space, in contact with things as real as the pack of cigarettes and the glass of gin before me now.
p.37: I started wandering aimlessly round London, cursing the life I'd chosen, the child I'd agreed to have, and the wife who seemed to have no further interest in me.
p.115: My protector, whom I met while I was wandering in the forest, understood, but he had just died.
p.214: When I saw this man wandering about among the trees, making gestures and saying things I couldn't understand, a kind of peace settled on my heart.

Journal Entry 10 by wingwanderingwing at Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Released 9 yrs ago (4/22/2009 UTC) at Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland

This book will be sent to ipsu, since it was on her wish list. Enjoy reading!

Journal Entry 11 by Ipsu from Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Monday, May 18, 2009

Thank you so much for the first ever RABCK from my wishlist. You totally caught me by surprise. I've been wanting to read this book for a quite a long time.
Thank you so much. Such a great surprise!!

Originally I thought I might savour the book and save it for holiday reading, but I just couldn't resist...I think I will finnish the book long before by vacations starts.