corner corner Billy Straight

Billy Straight
by Jonathan Kellerman | Literature & Fiction
Registered by imuzak12 of Virginia Beach, Virginia USA on 2/22/2008

status (set by SONIC69): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by imuzak12 from Virginia Beach, Virginia USA on Friday, February 22, 2008

Paperback 448-pages

Book Description:
A resourceful runaway alone in the wilds of Los Angeles, twelve-year-old Billy Straight suddenly witnesses a brutal stabbing in Griffith Park. Fleeing into the night, Billy cannot shake the horrific memory of the savage violence, nor the pursuit of a cold-blooded killer. For wherever Billy turns—from Hollywood Boulevard to the boardwalks of Venice—he is haunted by the chuck chuck sound of a knife sinking into flesh. As LAPD homicide detective Petra Connor desperately searches for the murderer, as the media swarms mercilessly around the story, the vicious madman stalks closer to his prey. Only Petra can save Billy. But it will take all her cunning to uncover a child lost in a fierce urban labyrinth—where a killer seems right at home. . . .

The story of 12-year-old runaway who witnessed a murder. As the story develops, there are some ugly sides of L.A. and disturbing incidents described. Although I am familiar with Kellerman's book, I felt it was a little dark. Maybe it's because the main character was vulnerable boy, and also It's been a while since the last time I read Kellerman, I guess.

Registered@Key West, Florida, USA.

Journal Entry 2 by imuzak12 at Kanzaki / 神埼市, Saga-ken Japan on Thursday, May 08, 2008

Released 9 yrs ago (5/16/2008 UTC) at Kanzaki / 神埼市, Saga-ken Japan

This goes to SONIC69 as RABCK. I hope you'll enjoy it.

Journal Entry 3 by SONIC69 on Sunday, May 18, 2008

This was a gift (RABCK) from imuzak12. I haven't read any Jonathan Kellerman before, so I am grateful for the chance to read someone new. Thanks again!