corner corner Rings of Saturn

Rings of Saturn
by W.G. Sebald | Literature & Fiction
Registered by ETMadrid of London, Greater London United Kingdom on 2/18/2008

status (set by ETMadrid): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by ETMadrid from London, Greater London United Kingdom on Monday, February 18, 2008

I bought this when I went to Norwich. The author was apparently a much respected university professor, who died suddenly not so long ago. He also wrote fiction, but this is an account of his travels in the local area on foot.

He writes as I'm sure he thinks, in a highly original style. The slightest thing sparks off memories and anecdotes, and he embarks on his lengthy and knowledgable recollections by dipping into the history of the area and elsewhere.

I'm going to lend this to a friend in Paris, who like the author is from Bavaria, and is always full of interesting facts and anecdotes on a wide range of subjects.

Journal Entry 2 by ETMadrid from London, Greater London United Kingdom on Thursday, June 19, 2008

I just discovered that the friend to whom this was destined has this already: a signed copy of its first translation into German, so it is no longer reserved for him and will be taking a new course...

...but no, in fact he has taken it to read in its original language, English :)

Journal Entry 3 by ETMadrid at -Paris 14e, Ile-de-France France on Sunday, July 20, 2008

Released 9 yrs ago (6/14/2008 UTC) at -Paris 14e, Ile-de-France France