corner corner What Came Before he shot her

What Came Before he shot her
by Elizabeth George | Mystery & Thrillers
Registered by wingFlightwing of Sydney, New South Wales Australia on Sunday, February 10, 2008

status (set by scrapaholic): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by wingFlightwing from Sydney, New South Wales Australia on Sunday, February 10, 2008

This is Elizabeth George's best to date.

'...The anatomy of a murder, the story of a family in crisis, What Came Before He Shot Her is a pwoerful, emotional novel full of deep psychological inisights, a novel that only the incomparable Elizabeth George could write.' (From the back cover.)

It is really not a mystery as her others are, thoughthe advertising tries to link it in. Actually, all her books are really socially commentary, using a framework of the dectective story.

This is a sad book, yet one that is hard to put down.

Journal Entry 2 by south254 from Sydney, New South Wales Australia on Monday, March 24, 2008

I got to the end of this book and thought, There has to be a flaw in this plot, somewhere--which is pretty much the case for any crime or mystery novel--but let's face it, re-reading the book in order to find it is a pretty depressing prospect.

Journal Entry 3 by Pixette from Sydney, New South Wales Australia on Monday, May 26, 2008

I picked this book up at the last sydney meetup. It was up for grabs on the table but seemed to have no takers. I took it home for a safe re-release elsewhere.

Journal Entry 4 by Pixette at Australian Heritage Hotel, Cumberland St in The Rocks, New South Wales Australia on Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Released 6 yrs ago (6/10/2008 UTC) at Australian Heritage Hotel, Cumberland St in The Rocks, New South Wales Australia

Journal Entry 5 by tqd from Sydney, New South Wales Australia on Tuesday, June 10, 2008

I've heard good things about this one (I've never read anything by Elizabeth George as yet) so when it was orphaned after bookdrinks last night, I thought I'd give it a go. Now, I have no time to read it, so it might just get offered up on the Oz VBB unread. But then again, I might suddenly want to read a good fast-paced crime novel...

UPDATE 8 Aug 2008: I'm releasing this one into the Oz VBB. Flight did let me know that this was not the Elizabeth George to start with, so (one day) I'll track down another one of hers to read.

UPDATE 9 Aug 2008: And chosen by AmberC!

Journal Entry 6 by tqd at Sydney, New South Wales Australia on Thursday, August 14, 2008

Released 5 yrs ago (8/14/2008 UTC) at Sydney, New South Wales Australia

In the mail to AmberC today. Happy reading!

Journal Entry 7 by wingamberCwing from Darwin, Northern Territory Australia on Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Thankyou. Adding to Mt TBR.

Journal Entry 8 by wingamberCwing at Darwin, Northern Territory Australia on Monday, May 02, 2011

I just couldn't get into this. I usually love Elizabeth George, but I think the wrong time for this book for me.

Journal Entry 9 by wingamberCwing at Darwin, Northern Territory Australia on Saturday, November 05, 2011

Released 2 yrs ago (11/5/2011 UTC) at Darwin, Northern Territory Australia

Taking to the meet-up at Jamaica Blue.

Journal Entry 10 by sally906 at Darwin, Northern Territory Australia on Sunday, November 06, 2011

Picked up at the meet-up today

Journal Entry 11 by sally906 at Darwin, Northern Territory Australia on Saturday, February 25, 2012

Started to read it and realised I had already read it.

Journal Entry 12 by sally906 at Jamaica Blue Cafe, Casuarina Square in Casuarina, Northern Territory Australia on Saturday, February 25, 2012

Released 2 yrs ago (2/25/2012 UTC) at Jamaica Blue Cafe, Casuarina Square in Casuarina, Northern Territory Australia

Taking to meet-up, will leave on a chair at Casuarina Square if no-one wants it.

Journal Entry 13 by scrapaholic at Darwin, Northern Territory Australia on Saturday, March 03, 2012

Picked up from meet up

Journal Entry 14 by scrapaholic at Darwin, Northern Territory Australia on Sunday, April 08, 2012

What a depressing story .....not only because of the content but of the fact it could be based on real people's lives.

Journal Entry 15 by scrapaholic at Palm City Oasis Shopping Centre in Palmerston, Northern Territory Australia on Saturday, May 26, 2012

Released 2 yrs ago (5/27/2012 UTC) at Palm City Oasis Shopping Centre in Palmerston, Northern Territory Australia

Taking to meet up and if no one takes I'll release near Hungry Hearts Cafe