corner corner Greetings from Jamaica, Wish You Were Queer

Greetings from Jamaica, Wish You Were Queer
by Mari Sangiovanni | Gay & Lesbian
Registered by StinaRy of Long Beach, California USA on 2/10/2008

status (set by amidabutsu): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by StinaRy from Long Beach, California USA on Sunday, February 10, 2008

From the back cover:

Climb aboard this hilarious rollercoaster ride where Maria is left wishing "out" was the new "in", and where every lounge chair is a hot seat when the Santora family ventures this close to the equator. The island of Jamaica just may not be big enough... Warning: This book may you laugh out loud in public.

My two cents:
So much fun! I found this when looking for a fun beach read to take with me on my own vacation to Jamaica. I was not disappointed. And yes, I did laugh out loud in public. Luckily in was a windy day in Montego Bay so I did not draw any strange stares. The book was simply delicious. Although it did make me wish I was at Maria's resort instead of my own, but that is another story.

Journal Entry 2 by StinaRy from Long Beach, California USA on Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Sending to another BCer in Canada (as soon as time permits me to go to the post office), who promised to send it on to another reader in Brazil. Not a bookring, per se, more of a stop on its way to another new home.

Journal Entry 3 by amidabutsu from Halifax, Nova Scotia Canada on Friday, April 11, 2008

received it yesterday in the mail. thanks!
will send it to brazil as soon as i can.

Journal Entry 4 by amidabutsu at Halifax, Nova Scotia Canada on Wednesday, July 09, 2014

Released 3 yrs ago (7/10/2014 UTC) at Halifax, Nova Scotia Canada

Giving the book to a friend who is going away for a couple of weeks to a cottage.