corner corner Brave New World

Brave New World
by Aldous Huxley | Science Fiction & Fantasy
Registered by winghyphen8wing of Honolulu, Hawaii USA on 2/9/2008

status (set by Spatial): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by winghyphen8wing from Honolulu, Hawaii USA on Saturday, February 09, 2008

I think I read this ages ago, but I don't really remember it...reread it and I think I got more out of it this time. The intro was interesting too: how the author would've re-written it 15 years later.

I have two copies; this particular copy is too old to have an ISBN, but it's in pretty good shape and is a fairly light paperback. I'll offer it to the 1001 library. (Another copy has gone to North Carolina for NC-Lit-Teacher's classroom library.)

I labeled this book for the library using a font filled with Moem's wallpaper. If you're interested in using this label for your contributions to the 1001 library, the download link is in the forums here under the subject "Re: Labels", or you can PM me for the link.

Memorable quote from re-reading the book: from the author's foreword.

Chronic remorse, as all the moralists are agreed, is a most undesirable sentiment. If you have behaved badly, repent, make what amends you can and address yourself to the task of behaving better next time. On no account brood over your wrongdoing. Rolling in the muck is not the best way of getting clean.

Journal Entry 2 by winghyphen8wing at Honolulu, Hawaii USA on Monday, May 14, 2018

This book has been weeded from the 1001-library due to lack of circulation: I urgently need to downsize and something that hasn't been requested since 2008 is well overdue to go traveling. This is not necessarily a reflection on the book but I don't have infinite space. :(

Journal Entry 3 by winghyphen8wing at Honolulu, Hawaii USA on Wednesday, May 16, 2018

Released 2 mos ago (5/15/2018 UTC) at Honolulu, Hawaii USA

Tuesday, May 15, 2018: headed on a new adventure. Next stop Virginia!

Released for my 2018 theater challenge.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I'm so glad you've found this book!

Please take a moment to make a journal entry and let this book's previous readers know that it's safe with you.

If you've ever wondered where your books go after they leave your hands, join BookCrossing and you may find out: you'll be able to follow your books as new readers make journal entries - sometimes from surprisingly far-flung locations.

BookCrossing: making the whole world a library!

Journal Entry 4 by wingSpatialwing at Arlington, Virginia USA on Tuesday, May 29, 2018

Thank you, hyphen8, for this wishlist book! And thank you for the origami bookmark! It is beautiful!