corner corner Brave New World

Brave New World
by Aldous Huxley | Science Fiction & Fantasy
Registered by winghyphen8wing of Honolulu, Hawaii USA on 2/9/2008

status (set by 1001-library): available

Journal Entry 1 by winghyphen8wing from Honolulu, Hawaii USA on Saturday, February 09, 2008

I think I read this ages ago, but I don't really remember it...reread it and I think I got more out of it this time. The intro was interesting too: how the author would've re-written it 15 years later.

I have two copies; this particular copy is too old to have an ISBN, but it's in pretty good shape and is a fairly light paperback. I'll offer it to the 1001 library. (Another copy has gone to North Carolina for NC-Lit-Teacher's classroom library.)

I labeled this book for the library using a font filled with Moem's wallpaper. If you're interested in using this label for your contributions to the 1001 library, the download link is in the forums here under the subject "Re: Labels", or you can PM me for the link.

Memorable quote from re-reading the book: from the author's foreword.

Chronic remorse, as all the moralists are agreed, is a most undesirable sentiment. If you have behaved badly, repent, make what amends you can and address yourself to the task of behaving better next time. On no account brood over your wrongdoing. Rolling in the muck is not the best way of getting clean.

Journal Entry 2 by 1001-library from Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Sunday, February 10, 2008

Thanks so much for your donation hyphen8!

This book is now part of the 1001-library. If you want to take this book from the library but don't know how to proceed, please refer to the 1001-library bookshelf