corner corner The Omnivore's Dilemma: A Natural History of Four Meals

The Omnivore's Dilemma: A Natural History of Four Meals
by Michael Pollan | Nonfiction
Registered by brewski of Markham, Ontario Canada on 2/7/2008

status (set by chambejd): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by brewski from Markham, Ontario Canada on Thursday, February 07, 2008

Picked this up off of amazon.ca.

Journal Entry 2 by brewski from Markham, Ontario Canada on Thursday, February 28, 2008

An interesting and in-depth look at vastly disparate ways of putting food on the table. Pollan's hands-on approach to experiencing each method of food was both interesting and enlightening. I found myself thinking to myself, "I never knew that" quite often, especially in the section of the book dealing with the Industrial Food chain. I don't know whether it is simple ignorance or willful ignorance on my part...

Probably the question on most people's minds is whether reading this book has prompted me to change my eating habits. I guess at this point for me the answer would be that I have slightly changed. I suppose that is all that I can hope for as health, economics, convenience, animal welfare all collide in the decision-making process of what to put on my dinner table.

So while I can't say reading this book has drastically changed my eating habits, it has certainly given me quite a bit to think about.

Journal Entry 3 by brewski from Markham, Ontario Canada on Thursday, April 10, 2008

Reserved for chambejd for the Keep it going reverse wishlist relay.

Journal Entry 4 by brewski from Markham, Ontario Canada on Thursday, April 17, 2008

I dropped this in the mail for chambejd this morning.

Journal Entry 5 by chambejd from Millbury, Massachusetts USA on Saturday, April 26, 2008

Thanks so much, brewski! I am SOOOO looking forward to reading this book!! I'm hoping I can convince my boyfriend to read it as well...