corner corner The Glass Castle: A Memoir

The Glass Castle: A Memoir
by Jeannette Walls | Biographies & Memoirs
Registered by brewski of Markham, Ontario Canada on 2/7/2008

status (set by chambejd): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by brewski from Markham, Ontario Canada on Thursday, February 07, 2008

Picked this up off of amazon.ca.

Journal Entry 2 by brewski from Markham, Ontario Canada on Wednesday, April 16, 2008

I don't know how Walls is able to describe her life growing up with the amount of affection and nostalgia that is evident in this memoir. I think if I had grown up in the same type of situation I would have been permanently scarred for life and would have only ill feelings for my parents. Thankfully I grew up in a loving home that was thankfully ordinary. I'll count my blessings for that :)

As for the book itself...the writing was well done and quite captivating. I flew through the book quite quickly...well quickly for me :)

I have set this aside as a surprise wishlist fulfillment for a BookObsessor.

Journal Entry 3 by brewski from Markham, Ontario Canada on Thursday, April 17, 2008

Mailed this morning to a surprise recipient with this book on their wishlist.

Journal Entry 4 by chambejd from Millbury, Massachusetts USA on Saturday, April 26, 2008

Thank you so much for sending me this wishlist book! What a great surprise to find it in the package! I really can't thank you enough. It really made my day!