corner corner White As Snow (Fairy Tales)

White As Snow (Fairy Tales)
by Tanith Lee | Literature & Fiction
Registered by Gealach of Nacka, Södermanland Sweden on 2/2/2008

status (set by lunacia): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by Gealach from Nacka, Södermanland Sweden on Saturday, February 02, 2008

In a novel-length tale of dark fantasy based on the fairy tale "Snow White," Arpazia and her unwanted daughter, Coira, conceived in violence during the sacking of her Arpazia's father's castle, are lured into the woods by the elder gods, who are seeking to restore their worship in a magical land in which a new religion threatens to transform life for everyone.

-----------

In an alternate-history medieval Europe, the noble maiden Arpazia, raised in an isolated castle, finds herself the captive of the conquering general-king Draco. The only remnant of her former life is an exotic glass mirror possessed of witchy powers. She feels no connection to Coira, daughter of her forced marriage to the brutal Draco. She becomes the lover of a woodsman, Klytemno, who embodies the divine Hunter King in pagan rituals. Then Klytemno requires her to send her black-haired, snow-pale daughter Coira into the woods as a sacrifice....

Journal Entry 2 by Gealach from Nacka, Södermanland Sweden on Monday, May 26, 2008

I'm starting a bookring with this. If you want to join, please PM me, and let me know your shipping preferences.

The list so far (I may rearrange the order)

1. babelfisk (Sweden, can ship anywhere)
2. LESEHEST (Norway, can ship anywhere)
3. Lunacia (Norway, can ship anywhere)
4. FrancescaLivia (Italy, can ship anywhere)
5. wanderingstar8 (UK, can ship anywhere)
6. Frangelle (UK, within Europe)
7. katrinat (UK, within Europe)
8. LadyAnna (Sweden, can ship anywhere)

...and then back to me! :-D

Journal Entry 3 by wingbabelfiskwing from Jönköping, Småland Sweden on Thursday, June 19, 2008

I got the book yesterday and have only started reading it.

Journal Entry 4 by wingbabelfiskwing from Jönköping, Småland Sweden on Monday, June 30, 2008

A wonderful book! A sad and dark story yet filled with love and hope! Once I started reading it it was difficult to put it aside.

I'm sendig the book to Lesehest this week. Correction: I'm sending it today! (080808)

Journal Entry 5 by LESEHEST from Trondheim, Sør-Trøndelag fylke Norway on Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Came in the mail today, with nice postcard...
Thanks, babelfisk:)

Am looking forward to reading this one...

Journal Entry 6 by LESEHEST from Trondheim, Sør-Trøndelag fylke Norway on Wednesday, September 03, 2008

An enjoyable read
To be sent to lunacia shortly :)

Journal Entry 7 by LESEHEST at Trondheim, Sør-Trøndelag fylke Norway on Thursday, September 11, 2008

Released 9 yrs ago (9/11/2008 UTC) at Trondheim, Sør-Trøndelag fylke Norway

Sent to lunacia

Journal Entry 8 by winglunaciawing from St. Hanshaugen bydel, Oslo fylke Norway on Saturday, September 13, 2008

Got this in my mail today. I had totally forgotten about this! I'm very sorry to say that I will not have time to read this in quite a while, as I'm currently reading for the Norwegian litterature price (Brageprisen). It will have to wait, but I will read it as soon as I have time!

Journal Entry 9 by winglunaciawing from St. Hanshaugen bydel, Oslo fylke Norway on Thursday, October 23, 2008

I was done reading for the litterature price last night, and finally have time to read something else. I will start reading this book today. Can't wait! :-)

Journal Entry 10 by winglunaciawing from St. Hanshaugen bydel, Oslo fylke Norway on Saturday, November 08, 2008

I loved tis book! It was so beatifully written, even though it was sometimes gruesome in its descriptions.

Will PM FrancescaLivia for hir address now...

Journal Entry 11 by winglunaciawing at sent by mail, A Bookring -- Controlled Releases on Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Released 9 yrs ago (11/26/2008 UTC) at sent by mail, A Bookring -- Controlled Releases

This book was posted today, and is now on its way! Sorry for the delay.