corner corner The Reivers

The Reivers
by WILLIAM FAULKNER | Other
Registered by wingjarewing of Hudson, Florida USA on 2/1/2008

status (set by rhythmbiscuit): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by wingjarewing from Hudson, Florida USA on Friday, February 01, 2008

Purchased at a thrift store to release, but as I read the cover, I realized it actually sounds like something I might enjoy. Off to Mt. TBR it goes!

Cover blurb:

The scene is Mississippi. The time is 1905. And the action opens with a bang and a roar when three oddly assorted accomplices--a part-Indian with a roving eye, a less-than-faithful black family retainer, and a canny eleven-year-old white boy--steal an auto and start a trip that makes LSD seem tame. Their first destination: a Memphis brothel. And that is just the beginning...

Journal Entry 2 by wingjarewing from Hudson, Florida USA on Thursday, July 10, 2008

I have cut a deal with my kids that every time I cuss, I have to get rid of a book. Let one slip out this morning, so this book will have to be sacrificed to the gods of cleanly speech...

Journal Entry 3 by wingjarewing at Painted Horse Cafe & Bakery (business closed) in Albuquerque, New Mexico USA on Saturday, July 12, 2008

Released 10 yrs ago (7/12/2008 UTC) at Painted Horse Cafe & Bakery (business closed) in Albuquerque, New Mexico USA

Released for the 2008 Leap Into The Wild 366 Challenge!

Journal Entry 4 by wingPaintedHorsewing from Albuquerque, New Mexico USA on Saturday, July 12, 2008

On the shelf!

Journal Entry 5 by rhythmbiscuit from Northglenn, Colorado USA on Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Coming home from visiting friends in Albuquerque, I made a special detour to the Painted Horse. I picked up this book and a couple others. I chose this one because it's a Faulkner I've never read, and a Pulitzer-Prize winner to boot. Thanks, Jare!