corner corner The Hat Shop on the Corner

The Hat Shop on the Corner
by Marita Conlon-McKenna | Literature & Fiction
Registered by LyzzyBee of Birmingham, West Midlands United Kingdom on Friday, February 01, 2008

status (set by Inver): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by LyzzyBee from Birmingham, West Midlands United Kingdom on Friday, February 01, 2008

Kindly donated to the BookCrossing cause by the Red Cross charity shop in Kings Heath - they give me the books they don't sell, instead of recycling them in a more permanent way.

I've put this aside to read myself - I know these kinds of books are now a genre of their own, with predicability and stereotypes of their own, but it looks like a sweet gentle read and I will release it once I've read it!

Journal Entry 2 by LyzzyBee from Birmingham, West Midlands United Kingdom on Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Picked this out of the bags as it looked jolly. Lots of stories centered around Ellie's hat shop, inherited from her French mother. The stories could have been a little more intertwined, but it was sweet and gentle, and the cat survives the story! The author obviously loves Dublin and this makes the book a bit special.

Journal Entry 3 by AnglersRest from Teignmouth, Devon United Kingdom on Sunday, April 20, 2008

Thanks LyzzyBee - Looking forward to reading this one.

Journal Entry 4 by AnglersRest from Teignmouth, Devon United Kingdom on Sunday, May 18, 2008

I really enjoyed this one and read on a business trip to Belfast, not Dublin but nonetheless, Ireland!

This is a gentle story. Ellie has inherited her mother's hat shop, as she debates whether to sell up or carry on, she is encouraged by her friends to follow her heart and believe in herself. She meets and is charmed by Rory, but he is not the man the for her!

Note to self to look out more from this author.

Journal Entry 5 by AnglersRest from Teignmouth, Devon United Kingdom on Thursday, August 14, 2008

On its way to Inver - enjoy!

Journal Entry 6 by Inver from Aberdeen, Scotland United Kingdom on Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Thanks Julie. Book here with me now. Look forward to reading it. I have two bookrings on the go at the moment, but will get to it as soon as I can. Let me know what you would like me to do with it once I have read it. Are you intending doing a bookring/ray for it??

Journal Entry 7 by Inver from Aberdeen, Scotland United Kingdom on Friday, July 24, 2009

What a delightful, gentle read. I loved all the characters in the book and their associations with 'The Hat Shop on the Corner'. It reminded me a bit of The Tea House on Mulberry Street and The Shop on Blossom Street. I shall find a suitable place ring/ray to pass it on to others to enjoy.

Journal Entry 8 by Rosie56 from Aberdeen, Scotland United Kingdom on Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Lent to me by a bookcrossing friend - a lovely, gentle read and just what was needed for a sunny morning at the end of my holiday.
Will definitely look out for more by Marita Conlon-McKenna.

Journal Entry 9 by Inver from Aberdeen, Scotland United Kingdom on Monday, August 17, 2009

Glad you enjoyed it. This book is back with me again. Wondering what to do/where to send it to next.

Journal Entry 10 by Inver at Belmont Cinema Cafe in Aberdeen, Scotland United Kingdom on Thursday, February 17, 2011

Released 3 yrs ago (2/17/2011 UTC) at Belmont Cinema Cafe in Aberdeen, Scotland United Kingdom

Taking along to meetup in the cafe/bar. If not taken it will be left on the OBCZ shelf beside the bar.