corner corner Quirkology: The Curious Science of Everyday Lives

Quirkology: The Curious Science of Everyday Lives
by Richard Wiseman | Science
Registered by Genevalove of Chennai, Tamil Nadu India on Thursday, January 31, 2008

status (set by PDB11): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by Genevalove from Chennai, Tamil Nadu India on Thursday, January 31, 2008

Purchased in Bangkok, Thailand.

Journal Entry 2 by libertine101 from Perth, Western Australia Australia on Sunday, February 17, 2008

This was on my Wishlist, so imagine my glee when I saw it was up for grabs at the meetup. Thanks so much! Hope you enjoyed our get together. It was nice meeting you....even if my bf 'flirted' with your daughter... Tee hee.

Journal Entry 3 by libertine101 from Perth, Western Australia Australia on Tuesday, March 25, 2008

I really enjoyed reading this book...full of odd psychological and social experiments over the years. The author definately has a sense of humour and so the book is not at all 'dry', but rather entertaining...and informative!

Journal Entry 4 by wingfuturecatwing from Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on Thursday, April 10, 2008

Nabbed from a pile of books libertine101 was trying to take to a meetup, but which didn't quite make it as far as the door :-)

Looks like it'll make great aeroplane reading.

=+=

Journal Entry 5 by wingfuturecatwing from Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on Friday, April 18, 2008

A wonderfully accessible presentation of some of the weirder experiments and findings in psychology. I've read about many of the studies before (they're standards in any stage one psych textbook), but others were new to me. And even the familiar ones were presented in such a fresh and entertaining way they were worth reading about again.

Journal Entry 6 by wingfuturecatwing at on Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Released 6 yrs ago (4/20/2008 UTC) at

Added to the Book Buffet at the convention.

v

See you in 2009!

Journal Entry 7 by PDB11 from Coalville, Leicestershire United Kingdom on Saturday, May 03, 2008

I picked this book up at the BookCrossing Convention because it struck me as decidedly odd. Which was presumably the intention.

I drew a letter Q on my forehead to be read by someone facing me, but I haven't yet read far enough to know what that signifies...

Journal Entry 8 by PDB11 from Coalville, Leicestershire United Kingdom on Saturday, June 14, 2008

Great book! Fascinating research, well presented, if not that well organised.

I loved the cover. Photo of a smiling woman, the right way up and upside down. On the upside down photo, her mouth and eyes have been turned the right way up again. Result: with the book the right way up, both photos appear to smile; with it upside down, the straight photo still smiles, but the doctored photo looks quite disgusted.

For release, eventually.

Journal Entry 9 by PDB11 at Northbound services video arcade in M5 Michaelwood, -- Highways, Roadsides & Services -- United Kingdom on Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Released 5 yrs ago (9/10/2008 UTC) at Northbound services video arcade in M5 Michaelwood, -- Highways, Roadsides & Services -- United Kingdom

On a vending machine by the entrance to the arcade.