corner corner The Color Purple

The Color Purple
by Alice Walker | Literature & Fiction
Registered by nwpassage of Prince George, British Columbia Canada on Tuesday, January 29, 2008

status (set by SimplyCee): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by nwpassage from Prince George, British Columbia Canada on Tuesday, January 29, 2008

PG Public Library discard, bought today for a quarter. TBR

From the front cover:

THE WONDROUS PULITZER PRIZE-WINNING NOVEL
ALICE WALKER
AUTHOR OF THE SAME RIVER TWICE
THE COLOR PURPLE

From the back cover:

"Intense emotional impact -- indelibly affecting -- A lavishly gifted writer." -- The New York Times Book Review

Life wasn't easy for Celie. But she knew how to survive, needing little to get by.

Then her husband's lover, a flamboyant blues singer, barreled into her world and gave Celie the courage to ask for more -- to laugh, to play, and finally -- to love.

THE COLOR PURPLE

"Places Walker in the company of Faulkner." -- The Nation

"Superb -- a work to stand beside literature of any time and place." -- San Francisco Chronicle

Winner of the Pulitzer Prize and the American Book Award for Fiction

VISIT US ON THE WORLD WIDE WEB http://www.SimonSays.com

Journal Entry 2 by nwpassage from Prince George, British Columbia Canada on Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Started last weekend, thinking it would be something I would try and abandon fairly quickly. Instead, it quite sucked me in, and I finished it tonight. I really loved the short-short chapters, helped me keep going. Also, this book had a real undercurrent of hope that helped offset the long stretches of depressing events.

As a slight aside, when I mentioned reading this book to my coworker who doesn't read, she said the movie was very good, maybe I'll check that out sometime too.

Now Reserved for SimplyCee, who won this in my International RABCK Contest on BookObsessed.

Journal Entry 3 by nwpassage from Prince George, British Columbia Canada on Monday, September 08, 2008

Mailed today - enjoy!

Journal Entry 4 by SimplyCee from Baltimore, Maryland USA on Thursday, September 18, 2008

Reading this book is on my list of things to do before I'm 30. I can't wait to get started. Thanks!

Journal Entry 5 by SimplyCee at Metro station (see release notes for details) in Baltimore, Maryland USA on Sunday, February 28, 2010

Released 4 yrs ago (2/25/2010 UTC) at Metro station (see release notes for details) in Baltimore, Maryland USA

Milford Mill station bookshelf.