corner corner Invisible Prey (Lucas Davenport Mysteries)

Invisible Prey (Lucas Davenport Mysteries)
by John Sandford | Mystery & Thrillers
Registered by wingjarewing of Hudson, Florida USA on 1/22/2008

status (set by easterngirl71): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by wingjarewing from Hudson, Florida USA on Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Received from a freecycle member today, not quite my type of book, so I will set it free soon.

From Publishers Weekly
Bestseller Sandford opts for a contemplative procedural rather than a high-octane nail-biter for his 17th novel to feature Minneapolis detective Lucas Davenport (after 2005's Broken Prey). The brave and intelligent Davenport, one of contemporary crime fiction's more congenial sleuths, is working a politically sensitive case—state senator Burt Kline is on the edge of being arrested for having sex with a minor—when he's called in to investigate the beating death of wealthy widow Constance Bucher and her maid. Bucher lived in a mansion stuffed with antiques, though it's unclear if robbery was the motive for the murders. Several run-of-the-mill suspects are dealt with before the reader learns the identity of the two killers, who continue to murder a string of folks all variously connected to the Bucher slaying. Eventually, the Bucher and Kline cases come together in an unexpected way. Interesting and unusual supporting characters, good and bad guys alike, enhance an intriguing puzzle.

Journal Entry 2 by wingjarewing at Painted Horse Cafe & Bakery (business closed) in Albuquerque, New Mexico USA on Saturday, February 23, 2008

Released 10 yrs ago (2/23/2008 UTC) at Painted Horse Cafe & Bakery (business closed) in Albuquerque, New Mexico USA

Left on the shelf!

Released for the 2008 Leap Into The Wild 366 Challenge!

Journal Entry 3 by wingPaintedHorsewing from Albuquerque, New Mexico USA on Saturday, April 05, 2008

On the shelf!

Journal Entry 4 by whiskeyjane from Albuquerque, New Mexico USA on Tuesday, July 01, 2008

I was so happy to catch this book today at Painted Horse. John Sandford is one of my favorite authors and this is a prey book that I have not read yet. Yay!

11/19/08 - Finished reading this and it was a good John Sandford mystery. I will share it with a BC-er soon.

Journal Entry 5 by whiskeyjane at -- Mail or by hand -rings, RABCK, meetings, New Mexico USA on Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Released 9 yrs ago (11/19/2008 UTC) at -- Mail or by hand -rings, RABCK, meetings, New Mexico USA

CONTROLLED RELEASE NOTES: RABCK to nuttyreader. I saw this book on her wish list!

Journal Entry 6 by nuttyreader from Wichita Falls, Texas USA on Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Hey! Nice! Thanks so much. I love his books.

Journal Entry 7 by nuttyreader from Wichita Falls, Texas USA on Saturday, December 13, 2008

I like his books and thanks for sending this one my way.

Journal Entry 8 by nuttyreader at -- Bookbox, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA on Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Released 9 yrs ago (1/13/2009 UTC) at -- Bookbox, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA

Well what a nice electic group of genres to take a ride with! I am going to see a new crosser or one who has not won anything yet in a Box o' books.

If you should find this book and you're new to BookCrossing - WELCOME! You have found not only a book but a community of booklovers dedicated to the sharing of books. I hope that you will write a journal entry letting me know that this book has been found but it is a gift and you may do as you like with it. Feel free to keep it or pass it on to a friend or set it out "in the wild" for someone else to find like you did. You can remain anonymous but if you are interested in joining (This is a FREE & SPAM-FREE Website:), I hope you’ll consider using nuttyreader or another crosser who has journaled this book as the one who referred you!

Journal Entry 9 by easterngirl71 from Alton, Illinois USA on Friday, February 06, 2009

I got this book out of Flossie's White Elephant Book Box! Look forward to reading!! After a few Ring/Ray books and a few promised to other BCer's. So for now in my TBR pile! Thanks for sharing:)