corner corner Murder 101 (Alison Bergeron Mysteries)

Murder 101 (Alison Bergeron Mysteries)
by Maggie Barbieri | Mystery & Thrillers
Registered by loriped of Keizer, Oregon USA on 1/21/2008

status (set by Chef-Ana): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by loriped from Keizer, Oregon USA on Monday, January 21, 2008

Safely outside the New York City limits, St. Thomas College was supposed to promise peace and quiet. Unfortunately, English professor Alison Bergeron has found it to be anything but. She recently divorced a fellow faculty member and, more recently, her car was stolen. Then one evening, she gets a visit from two homicide detectives from the NYPD. The good news is that they found Alison’s beat-up Volvo; the bad news is that the body of one of the students in her Shakespeare seminar was in the trunk.

Now, not only must Alison continue to hoof it to campus (a fate almost worse than death), she’s become a prime suspect for a murder she did not commit—and her efforts to clear her name have landed her in hot water with an even hotter Detective Bobby Crawford, who happens to be a former altar boy, and the sinfully suspicious nuns of St. Thomas. All hell’s about to break loose if Alison can’t find the real killer…before it’s too late.

I really enjoyed this book and can't wait to read the next one in the series. There was only one section in the middle of the book that seemed to drag as the author worked on character development instead of the plot.

Journal Entry 2 by loriped from Keizer, Oregon USA on Sunday, May 25, 2008

Sending to Bookish-Angel as a bonus. Hope you enjoy.

Journal Entry 3 by Bookish-Angel on Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Rec'd as a surprise RABCK from LoriPed with another book. I LOVE to try new cozy series so I'll save this for the next rainy day.

Thanks, LoriPed!

A decent start to a decent series. This book will be released in September, 2009 to BookCrosser Chef-Ana whom I will meet aboard the Royal Caribbean Lines Canada/NewEngland cruise.

Journal Entry 4 by Chef-Ana at Ellicott City, Maryland USA on Saturday, July 24, 2010

I finally got to read this book that I caught last year on a cruise. I enjoyed it very much. I already have the second in series in my TBR. Sending in trade via MysteryBookSwap.