corner corner Anything Goes Fiction Book Box

Anything Goes Fiction Book Box
by Various | Literature & Fiction
Registered by fairy-dust of Stockport, Cheshire United Kingdom on Sunday, January 20, 2008

status (set by etripney): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by fairy-dust from Stockport, Cheshire United Kingdom on Sunday, January 20, 2008

Just a few rules...(sorry!)....

1. Please make a journal entry as soon as possible when you receive the box so that we know it's not gone missing and again when sending it out to let us know what you're taking out. (It would be nice as well, if you could journal the books you take out themselves so that the people who registered them know where they are!)

2. Take out as many books as you like and replace them with the same amount - unless that amount won't fit un due to the size of the books. Please only add more if they fit in the box!

3. Please don't put in any Mills & Boon or similar. (So it's an almost-anything goes box really!!)

4. Please try your hardest to pass the box on in 4 or 6 weeks.

5. Enjoy the books!!

Wanderingstar8
lottiotta
Scruffykaz
back home to fairy-dust

**PLEASE USE THE SAME BOX FOR AS LONG AS POSSIBLE! The point of this box was that it was small and keeping the same box until it completely gives out means that some poor person doesn't get lumbered with a massive box of books that they weren't expecting. If the box does need to be replaced, please replace it with one
as close to its size as possible! Thank you!**

BOOKS PUT IN:
Their Eyes Were Watching God - Zora Neale Hurston
The Little Friend - Donna Tartt
Valley Of The Dolls - Jacqueline Susann
The Great Gatsby - F. Scott Fitzgerald

Journal Entry 2 by fairy-dust from Stockport, Cheshire United Kingdom on Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Posted out to arturogrande today

Journal Entry 3 by arturogrande from Coalville, Leicestershire United Kingdom on Friday, March 07, 2008

Sorry it's taken me a while to journal this - I've been busier than a one-legged man in a bum kicking contest.
Anyway, there's some good stuff in this one, but I've limited myself to just three.

They are:

The Ice Queen - Alice Hoffman
Their Eyes Were Wtching God - Zora Neale Hurston
Valley of the Dolls - Jacqueline Susann

I THINK I know what I'm going to replace them with, but I'll journal over the weekend when I've made up my mind.

Thanks,fairy-dust for a great bookbox, and lots of choice!

Journal Entry 4 by arturogrande from Coalville, Leicestershire United Kingdom on Sunday, March 09, 2008

Right - I've made up my mind!

The books going into the box are:

Pies and Prejudice - Stuart Maconie
Falling Angels - Tracy Chevalier
The Book of Guys - Garrison Keillor

I'm just waiting for an address for 24-7-365Reader and then the box will be on its way.

Thanks again.

Journal Entry 5 by arturogrande from Coalville, Leicestershire United Kingdom on Sunday, March 16, 2008

On it's way to 27-7-365Reader. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 6 by 24-7-365Reader on Sunday, March 30, 2008

Apologies for the late delay with this journal, Easter got in the way! I will choose something this week and send the box on it's way.

Journal Entry 7 by 24-7-365Reader on Friday, April 04, 2008

This was the first time I have taken part in a Bookbox and I was quite excited when it turned up, Bookcrossing has been great for getting me to read some diffrent stuff, so I have taken out:

The Colour Purple - Alice Walker (as my something diffrent)
The Pilots Wife - Anita Shreve

Put in:

The Butterfly Box - Santa Montefiore
The Family Way - Tony Parsons

On it's way to Sterile today

Thanks Fairy-Dust for hosting

Journal Entry 8 by Sterile from Burnley, Lancashire United Kingdom on Monday, April 07, 2008

Just got the book about an hour ago and after finishing up folding the laundry I have opened up the box of delights. Looking at the previous journals I found a gem - and I quote - 'I've been busier than a one-legged man in a bum kicking contest' I am going to use that - might get me sacked in my line of work but I love it!!!!!!

Anyhooo read the instructions looked at wishlists and taken out.
Garrison Keillor - The Book of Guys
Stuart Maconie - Pies and Prejudice
Alan Garner - The wierdstone of Brisingamen (wow! that is a blast from my childhood)

Already pmed the next on the list and will get it out before the end of the week. Thanks for putting together such a nice box.

Journal Entry 9 by Sterile at Bookbox in Bookbox, A Bookbox -- Controlled Releases on Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Released 6 yrs ago (4/10/2008 UTC) at Bookbox in Bookbox, A Bookbox -- Controlled Releases

The Bookbox moves on to Raeliz64 tomorrow via Royal Mail. Cheers!

Journal Entry 10 by wingraeliz64wing from Leicester, Leicestershire United Kingdom on Saturday, April 12, 2008

Received today, thanks very much.

Journal Entry 11 by wingraeliz64wing from Leicester, Leicestershire United Kingdom on Monday, April 14, 2008

Taken out:
The Mephisto Club - Tess Gerritsen

Put in:
The Merrybegot - Julie Hearn
Jamaica Inn - Daphne Du Maurier
Cloud Atlas - David Mitchell
A Civil Contract - Georgette Heyer

Journal Entry 12 by wingraeliz64wing from Leicester, Leicestershire United Kingdom on Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Posted to NICNIC2 today.

Journal Entry 13 by NICNIC2 from Glasgow, Scotland United Kingdom on Saturday, April 19, 2008

Arrived this weekend. This is a pretty good bookbox :) There's a few I've read, a few I don't fancy and a few I do so I guess that's pretty good going (compared with some of the other bookboxes I've had of late!). I've had a little 'musing over' time and have finally decided to take out:

Miss Undine's Living Room by James Wilcox (this looks funny)
A Civil Contract by Georgette Heyer (I've been wondering what these novels were like)
Jamaica Inn by Daphne Du Maurier (always wanted to read this)
The Great Gatsby by F.S. Fitzgerald (a nice short 1001 book)

I'm replacing with:
The Essence of the Thing by Madeleine St John
The Magician's Assistant by Anne Patchett

And a couple of others I haven't figured out yet. I'll get this moving again this week.

Update: I've got the address of the next person but I won't be able to send it on til thursday. Sorry for the delay!!!

Journal Entry 14 by NICNIC2 at Bookbox in Bookbox, A Bookbox -- Controlled Releases on Thursday, May 01, 2008

Released 6 yrs ago (5/1/2008 UTC) at Bookbox in Bookbox, A Bookbox -- Controlled Releases

On its way today. Sorry about the delay in posting. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 15 by chas04 from Bishop's Stortford, Hertfordshire United Kingdom on Wednesday, May 07, 2008

I got the box the other day and it was like Christmas opening it up.

I've taken out:
The Merrybegot - Julie Hearn (love witchcraft type books)
The Magician's Assistant - Ann Patchett
Cloud Atlas - David Mitchell (on my wish list)
The Little Friend - Donna Tartt (loved The Secret History)

Putting in:(more than I took out but the books are smaller)
The No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency - Alexander McCall Smith
The Picture of Dorian Gray - Oscar Wilde
Predator's Gold - Philip Reeve
The King Beyond the Gate - David Gemmell
Goodnight Mister Tom - Michelle Magorian
Confessions of an English Opium Eater - Thomas De Quincy
Barry Trotter and the Shameless Parody - Michael Gerber

Phew, it weighs no more than before as I took out some BIG books.

Journal Entry 16 by chas04 from Bishop's Stortford, Hertfordshire United Kingdom on Wednesday, May 14, 2008

I've got the address of lellie so it's off in the post as soon as I find a post office!

Journal Entry 17 by lellie from Trimley St Mary, Suffolk United Kingdom on Saturday, May 17, 2008

MrRedhouse collected this from the Post Office for me whils I was working.

Not much in here for me I'm afraid. I think I've been in too many box rings lately :(

Had a very thorough rummage and have decided to take out
The Essence Of Things by Madeleine St John

Replacing with
Another View by Rosamune Pilcher
Smile by Deborah Moggach

Both quite small books and there's space in the box.

I'll PM next in line now and hope to get this moving asap.

Journal Entry 18 by lellie from Trimley St Mary, Suffolk United Kingdom on Saturday, June 14, 2008

Sorry veryone, I've had this box way too long. Have just PM'd midlifecrisis and as soon as I have an address I'll get it moving.

Journal Entry 19 by Midlifecrisis from St. Austell, Cornwall United Kingdom on Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Just a quick line to say the box has arrived - actually it came two days ago but I have only just been able to get to the collecting office to pick it up. I will do another journal when I have decided which ones to take out and which ones to replace them with. This is my first book box - quite exciting..

Journal Entry 20 by Midlifecrisis from St. Austell, Cornwall United Kingdom on Friday, June 27, 2008

When it came to it there was not actually that much I identified as a MUST read. However, I really liked the look of Goodnight Mr Tom, which I have taken, along with Predator's Gold. These have been replaced with Edith's Diary by Patricia Highsmith, and Anybody out There? by Marian Keyes. I have pm'd the next person for their details and will journal again once the box is on its way.

Journal Entry 21 by Midlifecrisis from St. Austell, Cornwall United Kingdom on Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Being posted to etripney today, since izzles no longer wanted to take part. Thanks again for including me in this box.

Journal Entry 22 by etripney from Glasgow, Scotland United Kingdom on Wednesday, August 06, 2008

sorry !!!! I HAVE STALLED THIS BOOKBOX.i will email next on list and get it sent on straight away!