corner corner The Illustrated Mum

The Illustrated Mum
by Jacqueline Wilson | Teens
Registered by bigcurlyloz of Hilton, Derbyshire United Kingdom on Tuesday, January 15, 2008

status (set by wendyrey): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by bigcurlyloz from Hilton, Derbyshire United Kingdom on Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Acquired via BookMooch as it is on the BBC Big Read Top 200 list.

"Star used to love Marigold, love me, love our life together. We three were the colourful ones, like the glowing pictures inked all over Marigold...

Covered from head to foot with glorious tattoos, Marigold is the brightest, most beautiful mother in the world. That's what Dolphin thinks (she just wishes her beautiful mum wouldn't stay out partying all night or go weird now and then.) Her older sister, Star, isn't so sure any more. She loves Marigold too, but sometimes she just can't help wishing she were more normal...

A powerful and memorable tale for older readers. " - back cover

Journal Entry 2 by bigcurlyloz from Hilton, Derbyshire United Kingdom on Tuesday, May 20, 2008

I really enjoyed Jacqueline Wilson's books when I was younger, but this and the one I read previous as part of the BBC Big Read have just made me feel really sad. Well written, and left at a point where you hope everything gets better for Dolphin and Star.

Journal Entry 3 by bigcurlyloz at Lochgilphead, Scotland United Kingdom on Friday, May 23, 2008

Released 6 yrs ago (5/24/2008 UTC) at Lochgilphead, Scotland United Kingdom

Releasing via BookMooch - enjoy!

Journal Entry 4 by wendyrey from Lochgilphead, Scotland United Kingdom on Thursday, May 29, 2008

From Bookmooch, also for the BBC big read