corner corner Charleston

Charleston
by John Jakes | Romance
Registered by gbgnative of Greensburg, Pennsylvania USA on 1/13/2008

status (set by grubsneerg): available

Journal Entry 1 by gbgnative from Greensburg, Pennsylvania USA on Sunday, January 13, 2008

Spring House Cleaning...book looking for a new home!!

Journal Entry 2 by winggrubsneergwing from Greensburg, Pennsylvania USA on Sunday, January 13, 2008

I got a Release Alert on this one and a couple of others this morning and since I had to go to the Post Office anyway, I decided to see if this would still be there. Happily it was, as it is now my first official Book Found. I left another book in its place, so anyone else who is hunting can find one as well. Thanks gbgnative! I'll be reading and releasing soon :)

Journal Entry 3 by winggrubsneergwing at Greensburg, Pennsylvania USA on Friday, July 17, 2015

John Jakes is a master of the sweeping Southern saga, following a family through generations of good times and bad times, peace and war, happiness and sadness, and teaching his readers a bit of history at the same time. I can't say I knew much about Charleston before reading this book; I can't say the same now. Who knew that the Revolutionary War was fought in the southern states? Who knew that secession was talked about decades before the first shot was fired at Fort Sumter starting the Civil War? I would love to visit Charleston someday to walk in the footsteps of the Bell family and hear the bells of St. Michael's ring.