corner corner Caddie Woodlawn (Paul's Books #3983)

Caddie Woodlawn (Paul's Books #3983)
by Carol Ryrie Brink | Children's Books
Registered by PaulsBooks of Salt Lake City, Utah USA on 1/11/2008

status (set by PaulsBooks): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by PaulsBooks from Salt Lake City, Utah USA on Friday, January 11, 2008

-different cover

Paul's Books #3983

Journal Entry 2 by PaulsBooks at Paul's Birthday Party at 1751 S 1500 E in Salt Lake City, Utah USA on Saturday, February 02, 2008

Released 9 yrs ago (2/3/2008 UTC) at Paul's Birthday Party at 1751 S 1500 E in Salt Lake City, Utah USA

Journal Entry 3 by tostle from Salt Lake City, Utah USA on Sunday, September 20, 2009

What a fun book to read! I have had this book for quite some time but I was inspired to read it for the Newberry Bookring! I am glad for the story of Caddie Woodlawn. I especially liked this paragraph from the last page of the book: "How far I've come! I'm the same girl and yet not the same. I wonder if it's always like that? Folks keep growing from one person into another all their lives, and life is just a lot of everyday adventures. Well, whatever life is, I like it."

This book is reserved for spacedog's Newberry Bookring Round 6!

Journal Entry 4 by PaulsBooks at Honolulu, Hawaii USA on Saturday, September 26, 2009

Released 8 yrs ago (9/26/2009 UTC) at Honolulu, Hawaii USA

This book is traveling to hyphen8 as part of spacedog's Newberry Bookring Round 6!
Happy travels!

Journal Entry 5 by winghyphen8wing from Honolulu, Hawaii USA on Friday, October 02, 2009

Paul's book is in Hawaii! Thanks for sharing.

Here's what this copy's cover looks like. I read this book a while back (first copy here) but I'm looking forward to re-reading it.

Journal Entry 6 by winghyphen8wing from Honolulu, Hawaii USA on Sunday, October 11, 2009

Caddie certainly has a lot of adventures! I need to read the other book in this pair, and then I'll get them both traveling again soon.

Journal Entry 7 by winghyphen8wing at Honolulu, Hawaii USA on Sunday, October 18, 2009

Released 8 yrs ago (10/19/2009 UTC) at Honolulu, Hawaii USA

Off to the next person in the Newbery book ring! Also counting this as a release for the Tick Tock Challenge and the 2009 Spook-tacular October challenge

Journal Entry 8 by elissamay from Brooklyn, New York USA on Thursday, October 22, 2009

Part of spacedog's Newbery book ring. Thanks!

Journal Entry 9 by elissamay at Brooklyn, New York USA on Sunday, January 10, 2010

Released 7 yrs ago (1/6/2010 UTC) at Brooklyn, New York USA

I wish I'd read this as a kid, when I was in my Little House on the Prairie phase. An unexpectedly fun read, now on its way to knitwit.

Journal Entry 10 by knitwit from Yardley, Pennsylvania USA on Monday, January 11, 2010

Arrived safely today. I shall read it and pass it along as quickly as I can. Thanks for sharing!

Journal Entry 11 by knitwit from Yardley, Pennsylvania USA on Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Like elissamay, I wish I had read this book while I was in my Little House on the Prairie phase. I would have have loved it then. I'm glad I got to it now though and I can completely relate to Caddie and her desire to forgo being a lady. Playing outside in the water with the dogs and the boys is a lot more fun!

On its way to spacedog as soon as I get an address.

Journal Entry 12 by spacedog at Cambridge, Massachusetts USA on Sunday, June 13, 2010

got a couple of days ago. thanks.

Journal Entry 13 by spacedog at Cambridge, Massachusetts USA on Sunday, October 17, 2010

yikes. sorry it's been so long! we read this in elementary school, and the only thing i remembered about it was the line "if at first you don't fricassee, fry fry a hen". ;) as others mentioned, this book has a little house on the prairie feel, and although it predates the american girl series by decades it has a similar amount of wholesomeness and life lessons. still, it's very readable and feels contemporary even though it's from the mid-1930's. enjoyable, if just a tad bit on the sugary side. also, just found out that there's a follow-up book; will definitely be picking that up to read more about the woodlawns.

Journal Entry 14 by tostle at Salt Lake City, Utah USA on Wednesday, November 03, 2010

This book returned home! Thanks to all the readers for reading this book!

Journal Entry 15 by PaulsBooks at Paul's Birthday Party at 1751 S 1500 E in Salt Lake City, Utah USA on Friday, January 07, 2011

Released 6 yrs ago (2/4/2011 UTC) at Paul's Birthday Party at 1751 S 1500 E in Salt Lake City, Utah USA

This book will be released at Paul’s Pass-Along Books Birthday Party 2011. Happy Travels!

Journal Entry 16 by katyasmommy at Salt Lake City, Utah USA on Tuesday, February 04, 2014

Love Caddie Woodlawn.

Journal Entry 17 by PaulsBooks at Salt Lake City, Utah USA on Wednesday, March 19, 2014

This book was returned to Paul's Pass-Along Books during our 2014 birthday party. We hope you have had some interesting travels little book.

Journal Entry 18 by PaulsBooks at Paul's Pass Along Book OBCZ in Salt Lake City, Utah USA on Saturday, July 26, 2014

Released 3 yrs ago (7/26/2014 UTC) at Paul's Pass Along Book OBCZ in Salt Lake City, Utah USA

Paul’s Pass-Along Books Official Bookcrossing Zone