corner corner Lucy (in English)

Lucy (in English)
by Jamaica Kincaid | Literature & Fiction
Registered by harmaja of Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on 1/11/2008

status (set by Runojalka): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by harmaja from Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Friday, January 11, 2008

I'm registering (nearly) all the books in the house, since we're moving, and I want to keep track of all the books we have. This is a part of our personal collection, at least for the time being.

Journal Entry 2 by harmaja at Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Tuesday, November 22, 2011

I need space for children's books. Lots of space. Therefore, I'm releasing a bunch of adult books I haven't come around reading so far. They look like the kinds of books I'd like to try at least, but oh well, life is too short and my shelf space is limited!

Journal Entry 3 by harmaja at Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Journal Entry 4 by harmaja at Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Sunday, November 27, 2011

Released 5 yrs ago (11/27/2011 UTC) at Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland

I'll bring this book to the meet-up today.

Journal Entry 5 by wingAnneliswing at Kerava, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Monday, November 28, 2011

Yes, this book is suitable for the Book from Every Country -challenge. Maybe somebody else will read it after me.
Thank you for the book, Harmaja!

In the picture you can see a landscape in Antigua.

This is my # 17 (110) in
"REDUCE MOUNT TBR 2012" Challenge arranged by Dove-i-Libri.

Journal Entry 6 by wingAnneliswing at Kerava, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Thursday, February 23, 2012

It was interesting to read a book by a writer born in St. John's, Antigua as I visited the place a month ago. The protagonist Lucy seems to be born in Antigua, too, but she is living now in New York.
Lucy is very unhappy and angry with life or disappointed with everything. The reason is uncovered little by little only at the end of the story. There is some hope for a better future for Lucy at the end.
This book represents Antigua and Barbuda in my A Book From Every Country Challenge.
The picture was taken at the Port of St. John's in Antigua.

This is my # 23 in
"KEEP THEM MOVING 2012" Challenge arranged by Booklady331.

Annimanni is waiting for the book.

Journal Entry 7 by wingAnnimanniwing at Espoo, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Annelis handed the book over to me at tonight's meet-up in Helsinki. Thank you!

Journal Entry 8 by wingAnnimanniwing at Espoo, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Wednesday, June 03, 2015

Beautifully written, full of anger, resentment and honesty. I particularly liked the ending and the tone it set. Good little book!

Journal Entry 9 by Runojalka at Kokkola, Keski-Pohjanmaa / Mellersta Österbotten Finland on Monday, January 11, 2016

Thank you Annimanni, the book looks interesting!