corner corner Mr. Commitment

Mr. Commitment
by Mike Gayle | Humor
Registered by freelunch of Cairns, Queensland Australia on 1/10/2008

status (set by AnonymousFinder): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by freelunch from Cairns, Queensland Australia on Thursday, January 10, 2008

After twenty-eight years of shirking responsibility Duffy's finally realising that he can't extend his adolescence forever. His low-paid temping job is threatening permanency. His gradually receding hairline is depressing him greatly. And if that's not enough his long-suffering girlfriend, Mel, wants to get engaged. Trips to IKEA, dinner parties with married couples and talk of babies, however, are giving Duffy cold feet. He doesn't have many worldly goods to share - apart from the remote control for his TV, the beers in the fridge and his record collection - but can he really put his hand on his heart and say "I do'? He knows Mel's the one for him, so why is it he'd feel happier swapping "Till death us do part' for "Renewable on a four year basis'?

But the choice is: All or nothing. Now or never. Mel or no Mel.

So after a lifetime as Mr Irresponsible does Duffy have what it takes to become Mr Commitment?

Journal Entry 2 by freelunch from Cairns, Queensland Australia on Monday, September 15, 2008

I didn't find Duffy as endearing as the protagonists in the other Mike Gayle books I've read, but this was still an enjoyable read.

Journal Entry 3 by freelunch from Cairns, Queensland Australia on Tuesday, September 30, 2008

released to the COT Bookcrossing Zone

Journal Entry 4 by wingAnonymousFinderwing at Cairns, Queensland Australia on Thursday, April 14, 2011

Cute