corner corner Invaders From Rigel

Invaders From Rigel
by Pratt Fletcher | Science Fiction & Fantasy
Registered by winghippoleinwing of Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on 1/6/2008

status (set by myntti): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by winghippoleinwing from Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Sunday, January 06, 2008

From the last page:
Astronomers had observed the comet for some time, and had predicted its course. It would collide with Earth. There was no hysteria; scientists were apparently convinced that the results wouldn't be dangerous to life.
But Murray Lee woke up with a feeling of overpowering stiffness in every muscle. He turned over in bed and felt his left elbow, which seemed to be aching particularly - and received the shock of his life. The motion was attended by a creaking clang, and his elbow felt like a complex wheel.
Why - he was metal all over!

received as a gift

Journal Entry 2 by winghippoleinwing at By mail, a surprise RABCK -- Controlled Releases on Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Released 8 yrs ago (8/26/2008 UTC) at By mail, a surprise RABCK -- Controlled Releases

Book goes to Belgium together with a second one ... the long promised surprise is coming now after all ;-)

Journal Entry 3 by Moriquen from Broechem, Antwerpen / Anvers Belgium on Friday, August 29, 2008

En hopla, er zat nog een tweede boekje in mijn onverwacht pakketje! Merci'kes hippolein! Dikke kus.

Journal Entry 4 by Moriquen from Broechem, Antwerpen / Anvers Belgium on Sunday, September 21, 2008

This little book was enjoyable enough. Funny concept, though I did have a bit of trouble getting into the story.

I already know where it is going to go to next!

Journal Entry 5 by Moriquen at Holiday RABCK, A present -- Controlled Releases on Monday, September 22, 2008

Released 8 yrs ago (9/22/2008 UTC) at Holiday RABCK, A present -- Controlled Releases

Thanks to the 5th anual gift giving thread I saw I could fulfil one of your wishes with this book! I hope you'll enjoy it. (And the other one ofcourse!)

Journal Entry 6 by wingmynttiwing from Tampere, Pirkanmaa / Birkaland Finland on Thursday, September 25, 2008

Thank you! This was a surprise. :-) I'll probably release this book at Finncon 2009. (I'll read it first, of course).

Journal Entry 7 by wingmynttiwing at Tampere, Pirkanmaa / Birkaland Finland on Saturday, July 21, 2012

Okay, I was looking for books to release at Finncon2012 when I found this. It looks like I've planned to release Invaders from Rigel at Finncon2009. Oops. My bookmark was somewhere around page 50, but I'll release the book at Finncon anyway. If my memory serves me right, reading this was slow going.

Journal Entry 8 by wingmynttiwing at Tampereen yliopisto / University of Tampere in Tampere, Pirkanmaa / Birkaland Finland on Saturday, July 21, 2012

Released 5 yrs ago (7/21/2012 UTC) at Tampereen yliopisto / University of Tampere in Tampere, Pirkanmaa / Birkaland Finland

Bookcrossing table at Finncon2012.
***
BC-sivuston kielen saa halutessaan vaihdettua sivun ylälaidan vihreässä palkissa olevasta linkistä. Suomenkielinen keskustelufoorumi: http://www.bookcrossing.com/forum/30