corner corner Call It Sleep

Call It Sleep
by Henry Roth | Literature & Fiction
Registered by wingKateKintailwing of Burke, Virginia USA on Sunday, January 06, 2008

status (set by GladWilson): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by wingKateKintailwing from Burke, Virginia USA on Sunday, January 06, 2008

Bought at a library used book sale. Good condition.

The most profound novel of Jewish life that I have ever read by an American.
-From the introduction by Alfred Kazin

Journal Entry 2 by wingKateKintailwing at Day of the Book (street festival) on Howard Avenue in Kensington, Maryland USA on Saturday, April 19, 2008

Released 6 yrs ago (4/27/2008 UTC) at Day of the Book (street festival) on Howard Avenue in Kensington, Maryland USA

Free to whoever wants it at the BookCrossing table at the Kensington Day of the Book Festival!

Congrats and welcome to BookCrossing!
Thank you so much for picking up this book. Please make a journal entry here on this page if you haven’t already done so to let me know that this book has found a good home. You may choose to remain anonymous or to join (it is entirely free). If you choose to join, I would love if you could indicate KateKintail referred you.

Journal Entry 3 by GladWilson from Arlington, Virginia USA on Sunday, April 27, 2008

I've read a third of this wonderful book, and Alfred Kazin's description of it as "the most profound novel of Jewish life that I have ever read by an American" seems perfect from what I have read so far.

CAUGHT IN KENSINGTON MD US