corner corner Gibbon's Decline and Fall

Gibbon's Decline and Fall
by Sheri S. Tepper | Science Fiction & Fantasy
Registered by wingjudygreeneyeswing of San Diego, California USA on Sunday, December 30, 2007

status (set by Kemppu): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by wingjudygreeneyeswing from San Diego, California USA on Sunday, December 30, 2007

This is a wonderfully speculative fictional tale about fundamentalism that is sweeping the world. Suicide cults and paranoid militias are on the rise. A group of five female friends prepare to stand against a power-hungry presidential candidate...

Journal Entry 2 by wingjudygreeneyeswing from San Diego, California USA on Friday, November 27, 2009

This book is going travelling to find a new home with Thalasse in Finland!

Journal Entry 3 by wingjudygreeneyeswing at San Diego, California USA on Friday, November 27, 2009

Released 4 yrs ago (11/27/2009 UTC) at San Diego, California USA

Off by mail to Thalasse. Enjoy!!

Journal Entry 4 by Thalasse from Turku, Varsinais-Suomi Finland on Wednesday, December 23, 2009

The book arrived here just before Christmas - thank you for the present, judygreeneyes! :-) I'll look forward to reading it, I have read it ages ago and I remember it was good.

Edit. 5/2010: Wah, I devoured the book right after Christmas and enjoyed very very much. So much that I apparently forgot to make an entry about it. :-) I love the way Tepper deals with motherhood and feminity. Sometimes you need an outsider point of view to really see.

Journal Entry 5 by Thalasse at Turku, Varsinais-Suomi Finland on Sunday, February 26, 2012

I kept this book on my permanent collection, but I just won another copy of it in a raffle -> I can let this one go on a journey seeking new readers. A really recommendable novel. I love the subtle speculative element and the open ending.

Journal Entry 6 by Thalasse at Tampere, Pirkanmaa Finland on Thursday, June 07, 2012

Released 2 yrs ago (6/9/2012 UTC) at Tampere, Pirkanmaa Finland

I'll give the book to a fellow Bookcrosser. I hope you will enjoy it!

Journal Entry 7 by Kemppu at Tampere, Pirkanmaa Finland on Sunday, June 10, 2012

Thank you for the book! It's actually in my wish list, because I'll welcome any book by this author.