corner corner Chosen: A House of Night Novel (Book 3) (ARC)

Chosen: A House of Night Novel (Book 3) (ARC)
by P. C. Cast, Kristin Cast | Science Fiction & Fantasy
Registered by CheriePie of Campbell, California USA on 12/29/2007

status (set by KathyB25): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by CheriePie from Campbell, California USA on Saturday, December 29, 2007

Received through LibraryThing's Early Reviewers group.

Book Description
In book three of the House of Night series, teenager Zoey Redbird's adventures at vampyre finishing school take a mysterious turn. Her best friend, Stevie Rae, is undead and struggling to maintain a grip on her humanity. Zoey doesn't have a clue how to help her, but she does know that what they discover must be kept secret from everyone else at the House of Night. Dark forces are at work there, and those who appear to be friends are turning out to be enemies. Oddly enough, enemies are also turning into friends. Zoey finds herself in the very unexpected position of having three boyfriends. Mix in more than a little bloodlust to the equation and the situation spells social disaster. Just when it seems things couldn't get any more stressful, vampyres start turning up dead. Really dead. It looks like the People of Faith are tired of living side-by-side with vampyres. But, as Zoey and her friends find out, how things appear rarely reflects the truth.

Journal Entry 2 by CheriePie from Campbell, California USA on Monday, February 25, 2008

In this third book of the House of Night series, Zoey's adventures at the vampyre finishing school have taken a mysterious turn. Her best friend, Stevie Rae—now truly undead and more like a zombie than a vampyre—is struggling to maintain her tenuous hold on humanity, while Zoey tries to figure out what she can do to restore her friend to her former self. Zoey also finds herself saddled with not one, but three boyfriends. And all these secrets she's having to keep from her other friends at the House of Night, who truly believe Stevie Rae gone, and know nothing about Zoey's secret rendezvous with her human ex-boyfriend and the sexy Professor Loren Blake.

But truly things are not as they appear when up is down and left is right! For some strange reason, the only one Zoey can turn to for help is her arch-nemesis, Aphrodite, while her real friends must be kept in the dark. And Dark forces are most definitely at work here now that several Vampyre professors have been murdered and set up to be found in suspicious positions, pointing to the People of Faith—Zoey's own zealous stepfather's religious group—as the most likely suspects!

Wow, talk about your cliffhanger ending. I had to check and make sure I wasn't missing the last few pages because I was dying to know what happened next! I think I may simply DIE waiting for the 4th book to come out! And I can't even find a definite date yet. I suppose it'll be sometime towards the end of the current year, though I'm not positive on that. I'll have to go scour PC's Blog to see if I can find an answer. *giggle*

In any case, I loved this book as much as it's 2 predecessors, if not more so because I'm really beginning to really like these characters a lot. Even the ones I'm not supposed to, like Aphrodite. Though I suspect Ms. Cast is doing that on purpose. ;) I really like that though this is a young adult book, it's not very predictable or "dummied down" for a younger audience. I think I'm going to pick up copies of all 3 of these for my personal collection. :)

Journal Entry 3 by CheriePie at BookObsessed Swap in USPS Media Mail, Postal Release -- Controlled Releases on Sunday, May 18, 2008

Released 10 yrs ago (5/19/2008 UTC) at BookObsessed Swap in USPS Media Mail, Postal Release -- Controlled Releases

Mailed to KathyB25, who won in March Paranormal & Urban Fantasy Swap at BookObsessed, on 5/19/08 via Media Mail.

Journal Entry 4 by KathyB25 from Arlington, Texas USA on Sunday, May 25, 2008

Awesome!! I was able to get book 2 of this series at Half Price Books the other day. so now I can start the three books and read from start to finish! Thanks to CheriePie for sending this to me via BookObsessed Teen Swap.

Journal Entry 5 by KathyB25 at Fort Worth, Texas USA on Sunday, January 11, 2009

Released 9 yrs ago (1/12/2009 UTC) at Fort Worth, Texas USA

Given to the teenage daughter of a friend.