corner corner The End of the Beginning: Being the Adventures of a Small Snail (and an Even Smaller Ant)

by Avi | Children's Books
Registered by EllyMae58 of San Diego, California USA on 12/28/2007

status (set by alsgal): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by EllyMae58 from San Diego, California USA on Friday, December 28, 2007

Hardcover.

Avon the snail has never had an adventure. And adventure, he has heard, is the key to a happy life. So with his new friend Edward the ant, Avon sets out on a journey to find the excitement his life has been missing.

The travelers meet all manner of wise, weird, and intriguing creatures - including a dragon! - and it's not long before their adventures begin.

In the tradition of such classics as The Little Prince, Alice's Adventures in Wonderland, and Winnie-the-Pooh, this completely original story - a modern fable for our time - brims with wit, wisdom, and profound insights about the meaning of things...great and small.

Journal Entry 2 by EllyMae58 from San Diego, California USA on Sunday, December 30, 2007

My 160th read of 2007.

This was a cute little read. Sometimes I felt like Edward had me going in circles, but in a fun way. Avon was my favorite. My favorite part was Avon's "adventure" with the grasshopper. Certainly can't argue with logic like that! LOL

Journal Entry 3 by wingSecretariatwing from Carlsbad, California USA on Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Looks terrific. Can't wait.

Journal Entry 4 by wingSecretariatwing from Carlsbad, California USA on Tuesday, July 29, 2008

What a delightful little book! I thoroughly enjoyed the adventure of Avon and Edward as they make new friends and explore the world. I'll hold on to it for the next meetup to see if someone else wants to go on an adventure.

Journal Entry 5 by wingSecretariatwing at Vista, California USA on Sunday, October 12, 2008

Released 8 yrs ago (10/12/2008 UTC) at Vista, California USA

Given to a fellow bookcrosser to read to her little one when the time is right..

Journal Entry 6 by alsgal from Lewes, Delaware USA on Monday, October 13, 2008

Received from Maggie at yesterday's meetup. Maybe I'll read this one to Molly while we wait her arrival and then hold on to it for when she is old enough.