corner corner Forbidden Pleasure (Bound Hearts, Book 8) int'l BOOKRAY)

Forbidden Pleasure (Bound Hearts, Book 8) int'l BOOKRAY)
by Lora Leigh | Graphic Novels
Registered by book-man-8 of Tübingen, Baden-Württemberg Germany on Monday, December 24, 2007

status (set by mummafour): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by book-man-8 from Tübingen, Baden-Württemberg Germany on Monday, December 24, 2007

Edit, January 1, 2008: A story about passion and pleasure, danger and desire, combined with the forbidden and addiction... Not for the weak-minded! At times most direct but quite well written. A book for open-minded adults only. And that erotic story is packed into a quite terrifying thriller about a stalker with a lot of suspense. And we do not even talk about the local and nasty gossip of a small Carolina town...

I'm making my first 2008 bookRAY out of this. The following bookcrossers read along:

"okyrhoe" from Athens, Greece (worldwide)
"penelopewanders" from Hasliberg, Switzerland (EU only)
"nikel27" from Ginsheim-Gustavsburg, Hessen, Germany (worldwide)
"Kera" from Brixham, Devon, United Kingdom (worldwide)
"Bjorg" from Reykjavík, Iceland (worldwide)
"JennyC1230" from Woodstock, Georgia, USA (US pref.)
"spoiledrotten" from Fair Lawn, New Jersey, USA (US only)
"awakeagain" from Hackettstown, New Jersey, USA (US only)
"marriedfairy" from Orlando, Florida, USA (US only)
"NMReader" from Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA (US only)
"princess-peapod" from by the beach, California, USA (???)
"amberC" from Darwin, Northern Territory, Australia (AUS only)

Journal Entry 2 by book-man-8 at Post office in -- Per Post geschickt/ Persönlich weitergegeben --, Baden-Württemberg Germany on Sunday, January 06, 2008

Released 6 yrs ago (1/7/2008 UTC) at Post office in -- Per Post geschickt/ Persönlich weitergegeben --, Baden-Württemberg Germany

This BookRay is on its way. For adults and open-minded bookcrossers only! I'll enjoy your comments!

Journal Entry 3 by okyrhoe from Athens, Attica Greece on Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Arrived in my p.o.box today.

I'm reading 'serious' works at the moment (Walking the Rez Road, The Reluctant Fundamentalist, poetry by Kostas Karyotakis, etc.) & this will hopefully be a refreshing read, in comparison.

Thanks book-man-8 for including me in the ray, and for posting the book to me!

Journal Entry 4 by okyrhoe from Athens, Attica Greece on Tuesday, January 29, 2008

One of the reasons I was interested in reading this book is its choice of cover art. It has a fresh, contemporary look which is directly to the point. Compare it with the previous editions by Lora Leigh. The novel itself doesn’t disappoint!

**** Possible Spoilers Ahead ****

My main critique is that the subplot involving the stalker should have been more prominent & detailed. If it was up to me, I would have started the book with a short passage describing a few creepy details about what fate befell a previous 'victim', just so the reader can get some extra-cold chills down his/her spine before the steamy bits come on. Or maybe I don’t frighten that easily... It seemed to me that the characters' (and by extension the readers') main concern is the town gossip rather than the maniac's deadly threat.

The character development is fairly good; the reader is informed about each character’s emotions & motivations. It’s interesting to note while Mac and Jethro legitimize their ‘special needs’ as being the result of a psychosexual trait (“I think dysfunction is going to be our middle name”), Keiley needs no excuses at all!

There were a couple of words I was irked to notice being repeated over and over again. Dark and its various manifestations as noun, verb, adverb. Blazed. And forgive my perversion; I can’t help noticing the typographical errors -- missing end stops or quotation marks, and ‘things’ instead of ‘thighs.’

My favorite line: "He was doomed. Dead man walking.” (from Ch. 13)

excerpt, another excerpt, and Lora Leigh's musings

Journal Entry 5 by wingpenelopewanderswing from Hasliberg, Bern / Berne Switzerland on Monday, February 04, 2008

This arrived safely here today - thanks for the cool notepad! Looks fascinating, thanks for making it available.

UPDATE
Second Lora Leigh and may well be the last. For such potentially potent content, it's extraordinarily flat. Whatever. Maybe it's a guy thing?

Journal Entry 6 by wingpenelopewanderswing at BookRing in controlled release, .---controlled release---. Switzerland on Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Released 6 yrs ago (2/19/2008 UTC) at BookRing in controlled release, .---controlled release---. Switzerland

This is now on its way to Germany. I guess I just wasn't in the right mood when I read this - I agree the stalker angle (and I win the prize for having figured it out pretty much from the word go - or was it just really transparent?)lacked whatever would have been required to give it credence. I suppose more importantly, I found the heroine really irritating... ah well, can't win them all. Thank you for making this book available, hope others appreciate it more than I did.

Journal Entry 7 by nikel27 from Ginsheim-Gustavsburg, Hessen Germany on Monday, February 25, 2008

arrived safe at my house, 2 more BookRings to read before I can start here.

Update:
Good read, thanks for sharing with me

Journal Entry 8 by nikel27 at Post Office in BookRay, Ginsheim -- Controlled Releases on Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Released 6 yrs ago (3/28/2008 UTC) at Post Office in BookRay, Ginsheim -- Controlled Releases

EnJoy the book as I did.

Journal Entry 9 by Kera from Brixham, Devon United Kingdom on Sunday, April 13, 2008

Received in the post. Will get to this book next.

Journal Entry 10 by Kera from Brixham, Devon United Kingdom on Tuesday, April 15, 2008

An interesting read! I agree with the others that the stalker storyline could have been expanded a bit more. Will post in the morning.

Journal Entry 11 by Bjorg from Reykjavík, Reykjavík (Höfuðborgar svæðið) Iceland on Monday, April 28, 2008

The book arrived today, just the perfect timing as I was just finishing another book and can start on this one tonight:)

Journal Entry 12 by Bjorg from Reykjavík, Reykjavík (Höfuðborgar svæðið) Iceland on Saturday, May 03, 2008

Intresting book, I do agree with the others before me,that stalker storyline could have been expanded more. The focus in this story is on the relationship between those 3, the stalker storyline falls into the background.
Will send it off to JennyC1230 as soon as I´ve got the address:)

Journal Entry 13 by Bjorg from Reykjavík, Reykjavík (Höfuðborgar svæðið) Iceland on Monday, May 05, 2008

Will send the book to Jenny tomorrow:)

Journal Entry 14 by wingJennyC1230wing from Woodstock, Georgia USA on Monday, May 12, 2008

I received this book today, from Bjorg who lives in Iceland (it sounds like a very cool country - ha ha!)! Thank you! I will read it soon and send to spoiledrotten. :-)

Journal Entry 15 by wingJennyC1230wing from Woodstock, Georgia USA on Saturday, May 17, 2008

This book was really wild! I have also read by this author: Elizabeth's Wolf and The Man Within, so I sort of knew what to expect. This is erotic fiction with a smidgen of suspense thrown in. I liked the three main characters: Jethro, Mac and Keiley, they were pretty real characters living a fantasy.

Thanks for sharing your book! I will be sending to spoiledrotten this week.

Journal Entry 16 by wingJennyC1230wing from Woodstock, Georgia USA on Thursday, May 22, 2008

Mailed to spoiledrotten today. USPS Media Mail - Delivery Confirmation #9102805213683070236239

Enjoy the book!

Journal Entry 17 by spoiledrotten from Waldwick, New Jersey USA on Thursday, May 29, 2008

Recieved in the mail yesterday. Have two rings in front of this one, so please be patient! Thanks.

Journal Entry 18 by spoiledrotten from Waldwick, New Jersey USA on Friday, June 13, 2008

This was the first book I have read by this author. I did enjoy the characters but would have liked a little more story line for the stalker. Thanks so much for including me. I have already pm'd awakeagain for address & will send out as soon as I have it.

Journal Entry 19 by spoiledrotten from Waldwick, New Jersey USA on Sunday, June 15, 2008

This was mailed out on 06/13/08 to awakeagain. Enjoy.

Journal Entry 20 by spoiledrotten from Waldwick, New Jersey USA on Sunday, June 15, 2008

This was mailed out on 06/13/08 to awakeagain. Enjoy.

Journal Entry 21 by awakeagain from Port Murray, New Jersey USA on Wednesday, July 02, 2008

It seems to me that the stalker story is just there to take off some of the erotic pressure and that's why it's minimized. The identity of the stalker wasn't much of a surprise. I was more surprised by how quickly Keiley decided she didn't care about the gossip; that seemed too quick to be believable.

On it's way to marriedfairy tomorrow.

Journal Entry 22 by marriedfairy from Golden Valley, Arizona USA on Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Got it in the mail today cant wait to read it, have 2 ahead of it. Will let you know before I mail it out.

Journal Entry 23 by marriedfairy from Golden Valley, Arizona USA on Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Sent a message to NMReader to get addy..will mail out the day after I get addy from NMReader. Thanks for letting me be apart of this..it is a great book.

Journal Entry 24 by marriedfairy from Golden Valley, Arizona USA on Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Sent this out today by usps.com conf number 0308 1400 0001 3864 9883 thank you

Journal Entry 25 by NMReader from Herndon, Virginia USA on Sunday, October 12, 2008

I apologize. I thought I had journaled this book. it looks like i have had it too long. I will finish reading immediately and send on to the next in line.

Journal Entry 26 by NMReader from Herndon, Virginia USA on Saturday, October 18, 2008

I agree it was a little to easy to figure out who the stalker was and that theis subplot could have been expanded.

The main plot line was interesting and well done except as mentioned previously how quickly the fear of gossip disappeared.

It was an enjoyable read.

Journal Entry 27 by NMReader at by mail, a fellow bookcrosser -- Controlled Releases on Saturday, October 18, 2008

Released 6 yrs ago (10/18/2008 UTC) at by mail, a fellow bookcrosser -- Controlled Releases

I dropped at the Post Office with a book box and a RABCK for another BCer.

The delivery confirmation # is 0307 1790 0000 3720 3965

Journal Entry 28 by princess-peapod from San Luis Obispo, California USA on Monday, October 20, 2008

yippee books came in the mail today & it is perfect as I am not feeling good. so, now I can curl up in my cosy chair in my pj's and read all day long. Will PM next person in line for this as I expect to get thru it quickly!

Journal Entry 29 by princess-peapod at Bookring, A Bookring -- Controlled Releases on Friday, October 24, 2008

Released 6 yrs ago (10/24/2008 UTC) at Bookring, A Bookring -- Controlled Releases

"Oh, it is absurd to have a hard and fast rule about what one should read and what one shouldn't. More than half of modern culture depends on what one shouldn't read."
Oscar Wilde

good intense read, passing along to the next in line on this ring...

"A book is a mysterious object, I said, and once it floats out into the world, anything can happen. All kinds of mischief can be caused, and there's not a damned thing you can do about it. For better or worse, it's completely out of your control."
Paul Auster

Journal Entry 30 by amberC from Darwin, Northern Territory Australia on Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Arrived today with a travelling companion. It looks good.

Journal Entry 31 by amberC from Darwin, Northern Territory Australia on Saturday, November 08, 2008

I enjoyed this book. Yes, the stalker plot was background, but this book wasn't supposed to be a thriller, it is erotica and quite good erotica. The only thing I found annoying was Mac's continual harping on his 'dark lusts' or variations thereof for the first couple of chapters....umm and I didn't think his 'lusts' were all that dark, but that could just be me.

Now to find a new reader for it.

Journal Entry 32 by amberC at Darwin, OZ VBB -- Controlled Releases on Saturday, November 29, 2008

Released 5 yrs ago (11/29/2008 UTC) at Darwin, OZ VBB -- Controlled Releases

Selected from the OZ VBB. Posting tomorrow.

Journal Entry 33 by mummafour from Adelaide, South Australia Australia on Sunday, December 07, 2008

Thank you amberC I picked this up from the post office today. Thank you also for the extra book,bookmark and candy cane :)