corner corner The Secret Life of Bees

The Secret Life of Bees
by Sue Monk Kidd | Literature & Fiction
Registered by Whiteraven of Florence, Kentucky USA on 12/6/2007

status (set by JPix): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by Whiteraven from Florence, Kentucky USA on Thursday, December 06, 2007

One of the best books I've ever read.

Journal Entry 2 by Whiteraven at Villa Hills, Kentucky USA on Sunday, November 14, 2010

Sending this to my Secret Angel for the holidays. Enjoy! :-)

Journal Entry 3 by wingherchellewing at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Sunday, January 09, 2011

I loved this book! "The Secret Life of Bees" was such a satisfying book, the characters were heartwarming; I just wanted to hug Lily, Rosaleen was such a strong woman facing so many challenges, and then the bee keeping sisters and their friends...what else can I say but wow!
The story took me in and kept me warm during a cold winter storm and I will always remember this book as fantastic. Thank you so much for sharing it with me!

Journal Entry 4 by wingherchellewing at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Sunday, January 09, 2011

Released 6 yrs ago (1/9/2011 UTC) at Calgary, Alberta Canada

Plan to send this book with a journal for a lovely Bookcrosser in the UK. Happy New Year, and enjoy this one as much as I did!

Journal Entry 5 by redfox5 at Sandhurst, Berkshire United Kingdom on Sunday, March 06, 2011

Thank you for this wonderful book! It looks like one I will enjoy :) And I love the note book.

Journal Entry 6 by redfox5 at Camberley, Surrey United Kingdom on Wednesday, October 17, 2012

I liked this book. Lily was a good character to get behind. And I loved the beekeeping sisters. The story was good and I loved the bee facts they put on each chapter, makes me want to read a book about bees! Some of it I think ties up a bit to neatly, would T.Ray have really let her stay? Wouldn't he have reported her missing to the police. Wouldn't the sisters have been afraid to take in a run away white girl knowing what the consequences could have been for them?

Journal Entry 7 by redfox5 at By Mail, A RABCK -- Controlled Releases on Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Released 4 yrs ago (10/17/2012 UTC) at By Mail, A RABCK -- Controlled Releases

Granting wishes and keeping them moving!

Journal Entry 8 by wingJPixwing at Southampton, Hampshire United Kingdom on Friday, October 19, 2012

Thanks so much redfox5, I can't believe you've sent me another book from my wishlist! You are so kind.

Journal Entry 9 by wingJPixwing at Southampton, Hampshire United Kingdom on Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Brilliant, I really liked this book.

Journal Entry 10 by wingJPixwing at The Art House Cafe in Southampton, Hampshire United Kingdom on Saturday, August 17, 2013

Released 3 yrs ago (8/17/2013 UTC) at The Art House Cafe in Southampton, Hampshire United Kingdom

Released at the Art House Cafe OBCZ. This is Team Shire's entry for the Canoe Slalom event in the Bookcrossing Olympics 2013.

Hello, and welcome to Bookcrossing! Thanks for finding this book, I hope you enjoy it. Please leave a message to say where you found it, it's free and anonymous! Feel free to keep the book, give it to a friend or release it into the wild again for someone else to find. If you would like to track where the book goes next join Bookcrossing (also free) and you'll get sent an email when the next person finds it. Happy reading...