corner corner Make Room! Make Room!

Make Room! Make Room!
by Harry Harrison | Science Fiction & Fantasy
Registered by rednumbertwo of Ottawa, Ontario Canada on 11/30/2007

status (set by winnipegobcz): available

Journal Entry 1 by rednumbertwo from Ottawa, Ontario Canada on Friday, November 30, 2007

I can't believe I stumbled upon a copy of this book in my local used book store today! I wasn't even looking for it, and there it was sitting on top of a pile on the floor. The cover is hilarious, with a cartoon drawing of Charlton Heston that looks ready for Mad Magazine. I can't wait to read it!

From the back cover:

Twenty-first Century New York City - Population: 40 million

Let's follow a New York detective through a day in which a man's bizarre death brings together three people of very different backgrounds in a hauntingly unique adventure story of the imaginable future...

Journal Entry 2 by rednumbertwo from Ottawa, Ontario Canada on Thursday, January 17, 2008

I have a feeling that the movie did this book a disservice, just by existing. I was expecting a whole lot of major plot points that just never happened. This book is a lot more gritty and depressing. You really start to feel the hopelessness of living in an overpopulated world. Quite good.

Journal Entry 3 by Matty from Winnipeg, Manitoba Canada on Monday, February 04, 2008

I got this from my sister and am looking forward to checking it out. I haven't watched the movie so that might help as I have no preconceived notions about the book. Except I know soylent green are people. Oops SPOILER! hehe.

Journal Entry 4 by Matty at Winnipeg, Manitoba Canada on Wednesday, October 11, 2017

So the film was only loosely based on the book!? I felt a little misled by Charlton Heston on the cover.

Definitely more of an apocalyptic tale of warning than I expected. Entertaining enough but not much hopefulness to get you through to the ending which just leaves you hanging.

Journal Entry 5 by Matty at Second Cup – Graham & Edmonton in Winnipeg, Manitoba Canada on Thursday, November 23, 2017

Released 2 wks ago (11/24/2017 UTC) at Second Cup – Graham & Edmonton in Winnipeg, Manitoba Canada

I’ll take this to our monthly meetup for release to the OBCZ shelf.

Journal Entry 6 by wingwinnipegobczwing at Winnipeg, Manitoba Canada on Friday, November 24, 2017

This book is currently sitting on the Winnipeg Official Bookcrossing Zone bookshelf in Second Cup, 254 Edmonton St., Winnipeg MB.

It is waiting there for a new reader to take home, read, and release back into the wild!