corner corner New Moon (Twilight, Book 2) [Hardcover]

New Moon (Twilight, Book 2) [Hardcover]
by Stephenie Meyer | Science Fiction & Fantasy
Registered by CheriePie of Campbell, California USA on Friday, November 30, 2007

status (set by CheriePie): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by CheriePie from Campbell, California USA on Friday, November 30, 2007

Received through PaperBackSwap.com on 10/17/07.

Legions of readers entranced by Twilight are hungry for more and they won't be disappointed. In New Moon, Stephenie Meyer delivers another irresistible combination of romance and suspense with a supernatural twist. The "star-crossed" lovers theme continues as Bella and Edward find themselves facing new obstacles, including a devastating separation, the mysterious appearance of dangerous wolves roaming the forest in Forks, a terrifying threat of revenge from a female vampire and a deliciously sinister encounter with Italy's reigning royal family of vampires, the Volturi. Passionate, riveting, and full of surprising twists and turns, this vampire love saga is well on its way to literary immortality.

Journal Entry 2 by CheriePie at Campbell, California USA on Thursday, July 07, 2011

My Review
New Moon is the second book in the Twilight Saga by Stephenie Meyer, and I liked this one a bit better than the first, a review of which can also be found here in my blog: Twilight by Stephenie Meyer.

While reading Twilight, I didn't much care for Bella's character; she seemed very superficial and wishy-washy, and didn't treat her supposed friends very well, as if she was only using them when she didn't have Edward around. By the start of book two, and as a continuing theme throughout, it becomes a bit clearer why she's like this: it's truly as if she's incomplete without Edward.

This very concept is put to the test in New Moon as Edward and the rest of the Cullen family suddenly leave Forks. Edward feels it's in Bella's best interests for her to forget about him, believing he's responsible for all the danger surrounding her. Little does he realize however that said danger doesn't leave with him and his family, but instead is left behind with Bella in Forks. Now Bella has to not only fight to make it through every single day feeling as if a piece of her has been ripped out by Edward's leaving, but she's also in more immediate danger from outside influences seeking revenge.

New Moon is a fitting sequel to Twilight and it left me looking forward to Eclipse, the next book in the series. I also plan to finally watch New Moon the movie now that I've finally read the book. :)

Journal Entry 3 by CheriePie at Church Hill, Tennessee USA on Saturday, September 14, 2013

Released 1 yr ago (8/2/2013 UTC) at Church Hill, Tennessee USA

Mailed to a PaperBackSwap member in Church Hill, TN on 02-Aug-2013 via USPS Media Mail with Delivery Confirmation # 420376459449001699320006425465