corner corner Chart Throb

Chart Throb
by Ben Elton | Literature & Fiction
Registered by gwilk of Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on 11/16/2007

status (set by 61Hoyden): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by gwilk from Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on Friday, November 16, 2007

Highly cynical look at "reality" television. Not generally populated with likeable characters, Ben Elton nonetheless manages to string together a pretty good story. I still watch TV and still enjoy the odd reality show but this book certainly puts a spin on what you are seeing.

Journal Entry 2 by awhina from Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on Tuesday, December 18, 2007

My Christmas present from the Christchurch Bookcrossing Christmas gathering.

Journal Entry 3 by awhina from Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on Friday, January 25, 2008

I enjoyed this book. It encapsulates everything I hate about "reality tv" and more. I had not heard of Ben Elton, but I'll be sure to try and read some more. I really, really want this. I so want this. Ok off to own a really difficult, really big song in the privacy of my shower... at least costuming should be simple.

Journal Entry 4 by awhina at Arts Centre - specific location in notes in Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on Friday, January 25, 2008

Released 10 yrs ago (1/25/2008 UTC) at Arts Centre - specific location in notes in Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand

Left on a table outside a cafe.

Journal Entry 5 by 61Hoyden on Monday, February 04, 2008

Thanks, Awhina. I was inside ordering coffee when you left the book on my table at the Arts Centre. Looking forward to reading it - I met Ben Elton 20 years ago when I was working for TVNZ in Christchurch and I was back visiting the city during the Buskers Festival when I was "booked" by you, so it has a nice, circular feeling to it. I've brought it home to Auckland and will release it when I've read it.