corner corner *The Book Thief

*The Book Thief
by Markus Zusak | Literature & Fiction
Registered by bluecat07 of Karben, Hessen Germany on 11/7/2007

status (set by candy-is-dandy): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by bluecat07 from Karben, Hessen Germany on Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Synopsis
1939, Nazi Germany - The country is holding its breath. Death has never been busier. Liesel, a nine-year-old girl, is living with a foster family on Himmel Street. Her parents have been taken away to a concentration camp. Liesel steals books. This is her story and the story of the inhabitants of her street when the bombs begin to fall. Some important information - This novel is narrated by death. It's a small story about: a girl, an accordionist, some fanatical Germans, a Jewish fist fighter, and quite a lot of thievery. Another thing you should know - death will visit the book thief three times.

Journal Entry 2 by bluecat07 from Karben, Hessen Germany on Tuesday, January 08, 2008

I absolutely loved this book!! Although the beginning was a bit slow and it is such a large book - and I am a slow reader;-) - once Max appeared I was hooked and wanted to know how the relationships develop and how the war will effect the family and I hoped for their survival, of course.

After reading this for a month I am finally done and this book will travel to candy-is-dandy, who won it it the Historical Fiction swap (11/07) at bookobsessed.com. Enjoy!

11.1.08; Now on its way to the UK...

Journal Entry 3 by wingcandy-is-dandywing from Great Bardfield, Essex United Kingdom on Thursday, January 17, 2008

Thanks very much bluecat. Hardback books are so exciting to receive. They make me feel warm and snuggly. This is in such good condition I will be scared to read it.