corner corner The Ghosts of Everest: The Authorised Story of the Search for Mallory and Irvine

Journal Entry 1 by LeighBCD on Sunday, November 04, 2007

I bought this book having read Sir Francis Younghusband's account of the Mallory and Irvine expedition. I wanted to know more the circumstances in which Mallory's body had been discovered; Patrick French made tantalising references in his introduction to that book about Mallory's personal effects indicating he might have made it to the summit.

This was a good book, weaving the personal stories of the 1999 expedition with that of the ill-fated 1924 explorers. It contains some affecting photographs. I am really glad I bought this - it has given me new perspective of the terrible majesty of Mount Everest.

Journal Entry 2 by LeighBCD at ReaditSwapit exchanged by post for another book in Read it swap it., readitswapit.co.uk -- Controlled Releases on Saturday, May 31, 2008

Released 9 yrs ago (5/31/2008 UTC) at ReaditSwapit exchanged by post for another book in Read it swap it., readitswapit.co.uk -- Controlled Releases

ENJOY!