corner corner Younghusband: The Last Great Imperial Adventurer

by Patrick French | Biographies & Memoirs
Registered by LeighBCD on 10/25/2007

status (set by LeighBCD): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by LeighBCD on Thursday, October 25, 2007

Bought this in Kathmandu. I was introduced to Younghusband after reading his superlative account of the original Everest expeditions while I was travelling in Tibet.

Journal Entry 2 by LeighBCD on Sunday, November 04, 2007

I really enjoyed this book. I have to say, I think Younghusband's early career as a Great Gamer is more fascinating than his transformation into a religious mystic... Younghusband is a sympathetic character, though. He seems to me to be a perfect example of repressed Victorian manhood; had he been born in another age, another era, what might he have achieved? And what kind of person might he become?

Journal Entry 3 by LeighBCD at ReaditSwapit exchanged by post for another book in Read it swap it., readitswapit.co.uk -- Controlled Releases on Sunday, February 15, 2009

Released 8 yrs ago (2/15/2009 UTC) at ReaditSwapit exchanged by post for another book in Read it swap it., readitswapit.co.uk -- Controlled Releases

I hope you enjoy the book!

If you are new to BookCrossing and find this book... Welcome! Enjoy the book, the site and the BookCrossing community of book lovers. You can join Bookcrossing, which is free -- or you can remain anonymous. Either way, I hope you make a journal entry for this book letting us know where it is now.

Feel free to read and keep this book, or to pass it on to a friend or even set it back out "into the wild" for someone else to find like you did.

Thanks and enjoy!