corner corner Anansi Boys

Anansi Boys
by Neil Gaiman | Science Fiction & Fantasy
Registered by brewski of Markham, Ontario Canada on 10/10/2007

status (set by bradgirl): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by brewski from Markham, Ontario Canada on Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Bought it from thriftbooks.com via ABEbooks.

Journal Entry 2 by brewski from Markham, Ontario Canada on Thursday, November 22, 2007

Reserved for VeganMedusa for the Hot Titles! relay once I finish reading it.

Journal Entry 3 by brewski from Markham, Ontario Canada on Thursday, November 29, 2007

This was a quick and entertaining read. Once I started reading this I was captured and couldn't wait how things would turn out for Fat Charlie. Definitely a much "lighter" novel than American Gods, but definitely enjoyable.

This will be heading off to VeganMedusa in New Zealand very soon.

Journal Entry 4 by brewski from Markham, Ontario Canada on Monday, December 03, 2007

This book is fleeing the cold Canadian winter for New Zealand via a leisurely boat ride (surface mail). Enjoy!

Journal Entry 5 by VeganMedusa from Invercargill, Southland New Zealand on Friday, February 01, 2008

Thanks brewski! I haven't read any Neil Gaiman before (am on bookray for Neverwhere but it'll be months away yet) so I'm looking forward to discovering him.
And from what I've been reading lately about the Canadian weather at the moment, this book will be a lot happier here in the NZ summer for now. :)

Journal Entry 6 by VeganMedusa from Invercargill, Southland New Zealand on Sunday, December 20, 2009

My first Neil Gaiman book (apart from a graphic novel and a children's book). I've kind of been putting off reading this in case he doesn't live up to the hype. But it was a great read. I loved Anansi stories as a kid, so it was nice to enter that world again, with a different take on it.

Journal Entry 7 by VeganMedusa from Invercargill, Southland New Zealand on Sunday, January 17, 2010

Posted to bradgirl for a book trade. :)

Journal Entry 8 by bradgirl from Saltaire, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on Friday, January 29, 2010

Received in today's post - looks a great book, especially like the spider on the cover! I'm certainly intrigued by this book as it appears to have had lots of mixed reviews, ranging from awful to brilliant. Will add it to my TBR pile and give it a go when it appeals! Thanks VeganMedusa for sending all the way from the other side of the world!!