corner corner Please, Daddy, No: A Boy Betrayed

Please, Daddy, No: A Boy Betrayed
by Stuart Howarth | Biographies & Memoirs
Registered by DEESSE of Erstein, Alsace France on 10/4/2007

status (set by milkaolait): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by DEESSE from Erstein, Alsace France on Thursday, October 04, 2007

From the back cover:

Stuart just wanted his step-father to love him, but he was made to believe that he was too naughty to be loved.

After years of abusing Stuart's young sisters, David Howarth was sent to prison. Nobody knew the truth about Stuart's abuse until one fateful daw when his step-father tried it again and Stuart fought back in the only way he could.

Journal Entry 2 by DEESSE at Erstein, Alsace France on Thursday, August 01, 2013

If you are courageous enough (like the author writes in the introduction) to read this book, you might be a bit shocked:
I don't know if I was more shocked by the actions that Stuart describes that his step-father did to him and his sisters or by the description of life in prison, what the wardens could do without behing held responsible.

Sometimes the style was a bit boring and there were some long passages, but on a whole the book kept me hooked.

I read this book for the German "Bergabbauchallenge", (July-task: Read a book with a "family-word" in the title).

Journal Entry 3 by DEESSE at Troc' Café - rue du faubourg de Saverne in Strasbourg, Alsace France on Thursday, August 01, 2013

Released 3 yrs ago (8/1/2013 UTC) at Troc' Café - rue du faubourg de Saverne in Strasbourg, Alsace France

As I don't have any French books available for releasing (released the last one this morning), I'll take this one with me to the meet-up of tonight.

Journal Entry 4 by milkaolait at Strasbourg, Alsace France on Friday, August 02, 2013

I take this book at the meet up in troc' café.